DAYS: March 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Posted (edited)

Here's my problem with the Theresa/Konstantin scheme.  It has been at least six months since they tricked Alex into believing that he's the heir, but I still don't know their plan for stealing the money.

Is Theresa supposed to marry Alex and Konstantin marry Maggie, and then divorce them and get half?  The inheritance was received before the wedding, so it wouldn't be community property, and how do they know that there won't be a prenup?  Or will they try to embezzle it after they're wed?  Why do they need to be married to do that?

As a viewer, I need some clues to stay involved with the plot.  Otherwise, I am not invested.  Let's subvert the impulse to react that the writer didn't know the plan, because the resolution is always part of the pitch for a story.  So, that would be an uninformed critique (apologies for my tone, I'm a bit ornery today).

Edited by j swift

• Members

I would simply disagree with the idea of it being hastily done. I understand that we're not currently witnessing the efforts of the writer who composed the story. However, they've had ample time to incorporate dialogue between Theresa and Konstantin discussing the intricacies of their plan.

But @AbcNbc247 I appreciate you humoring me on an ornery day.

• Members

It really doesn’t make any sense we have no clue what the plan is at this point. One of them is genuinely falling for Alex, while Konstantine is working a whole nother con on Maggie. It’s all odd. 

• Members
Posted (edited)

Right, I mean, Konstantin has told us frequently why he changed the will, so we know his motive, but we have no idea how he's planning to profit from it.

On second thought, until today I thought he was just messing with Victor's loved one's out of spite, not for financial gains.  So that might be a scab issue.  Because originally it was just about avenging a wrongdoing against Victor, and only recently has there been a discussion about trying to get some money off it.

Edited by j swift

• Members

Chad/Stefan was the best part of today. The two brothers teaming up to finally put an end to Clyde would have been great. And I like that they spoke about everything that happened with Abigail. They really needed to have that conversation and I’m glad that they did. I just wish it had been a little longer. 

Those scenes today also got me thinking of how different Days would have been these past few years if people had actually liked that storyline lol

And, I don’t know what they were trying to do with Jada/Harris but I don’t mind it. A Jada/Harris affair or pairing could be pretty good. If it was tied into everything with Stefan/Ava, that could actually be a pretty good mess. 

And it would free Jada from Rafe

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Here's our Dee, this month, at a convention, signing an Elektra Woman board game. Probably your typical club room recessed lighting & she looks fine, much better than she does on the show! She looks soft, not harsh or stern, or odd. So since that kind of lighting is nothing special, it just illustrates how dadgummed bad the show lighting is. 

• Members

Agreed on the Chad and Stefan stuff.  I like that they're using this experience as a lesson for Stefan to learn about the importance of family.  It was so silly when they were drugging each other, and icing Chad out for no reason.  I like that a rivalry has been set up between Stefan and EJ, but it is not as extreme as it was in the past.

Meanwhile, have Paulina and Leo completely forgotten that they know each other?  It was odd that Stefan suddenly referenced his past with Abigail, but Leo seems to have completely forgotten his past with the mayor.