DAYS: March 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I hate to say it, but I really don't see Theresa having much of a happy ending after this storyline ends. When she does eventually get exposed, her entire family is going to turn their back on her with certain family members like Andrew, Tate and Brady declaring that they are done with her and want nothing to do with her ever again. I won't be surprised if Theresa ends up relapsing as a result with absolutely no one in her corner and she ends up having a massive overdose and falls into a coma.

Her parents then send her off to a high end care facility to California where she would remain for the foreseeable future. I have to think that since the writers have been making such a big deal out of Theresa's sobriety lately and they've gone through all this trouble to retcon her as a hardcore drug addict like Brady that her past history of substance abuse is going to play some kind of role in her story at some point in the end. 

And with Theresa gone, Emily O'Brien is free to play a character that she's actually comfortable playing again and she can finally get rid of that dumb wig. A win-win. Besides, a large majority of fans don't even like Theresa anyway and I've actually seen a lot of people in many online forums wishing that Gwen would just come back and some people have even gone as far to say that Gwen is actually a much more complex and interesting character than Theresa. 

I'm not so sure that Theresa has that many story opportunities. All that she's done during this whole stint is being a pathetic and worthless gold-digger and drug addict panting after Alex's money and playing a part-time role of a mom to a teenage son. Besides, the show seems to be a lot more invested in Tate having a relationship with his father Brady anyway, as evidenced by the various interviews given over the last several months. 

And once she does get exposed, who's going to want anything to do with her when all is said and done? Certainly not Brady, Tate or even Andrew or anyone else in her family. She's just going to relapse back on drugs because that's what she does because she's that weak and pathetic of a person and then she might eventually overdose or even die. I actually think Andrew has a lot more story potential than Theresa and he's ten times more popular and likable than her anyway. If I were the TPTB at Days, I would write out Theresa ASAP and swap her with Andrew. This show really doesn't need her at all. 

• Members
Posted (edited)

I completely agree that Andrew has a lot more story opportunities then Theresa. There's actually still a lot that we don't know about him. 

Theresa relapsing and overdosing in the aftermath of the reveal could be a good storyline. Andrew could come back as a result and be like the only person in Salem who stands by her. That would be good to see. And it could all play into Tate's storyline as well.

I think that would all be a lot better than just having Theresa slink out of town like a coward.

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

The Alex/Kristen fake relationship thing is stupid but at the same time, if it leads to Kristen finally getting over Brady, then its a good thing. She definitely needs something different to do. 

Also, with the way Theresa was written today, I can see why some people have said that the pre-strike storylines seem to have been paused. With the way she reacted to Alex, it was almost like there wasn’t a big secret between them. 

As for John, I love the guy, but those facial expressions…

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Its been nice that Kristen hasn't been seen that much. She was on overload mode during Ron horrific writing. 

Drake and his eyebrow lift acting. He's never been a good actor. Why would you expect improvement after all these years?

This episode seems like a pass for me.

• Members

Tell what?

My investment in Days went down the tubes ever since Ron torpedoed all my favorites.

The only thing that keeps me watching are Tate and Holly.

Tripp is so boring.

The Paulina story was a complete mess.

Chad and Stephanie ended.

• Members

I think it's neat that on both my soaps the teens are suddenly so interesting. On DAYS Holly & Tate are who we care about & on GH I'm excited about Jake, Aiden & Rocco! I didn't even remember what Rocco looked like forever. And, now I'm watching for him! 

• Members
Posted (edited)

At the party? Oh, I see what you mean. Well, Aiden, who has the special friend Tobias wasn't at the party. He was on last week, though. He's pretty cute. And I want to meet this Tobias! 

BTW, sorry to wander off ... OOPS. 

Edited by Contessa Donatella