DAYS: March 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Theresa/Tate/Brady was the best part of today. EOB’s Theresa is always at her best in scenes where she’s being the mother figure. Theresa confessing everything to Tate needed to happen, and now that Tate knows the truth, and that he and Brady finally made peace, it could play into future storyline, not only for him but Holly too and for Brady/Theresa/Alex/Kristen. 

Jamie Martin Mann did well again. He’s really good with making the facial expressions that convey what Tate is feeling. 

I liked the Holly/Nicole/EJ scenes too. With the way that Holly played it, I think she might be lying about not remembering, which makes sense to me. She doesn’t want get into trouble and she doesn’t want Nicole to feel like she failed as a mother. And I like that EJ is still so determined to pin everything on Tate. That could lead to some good conflict for him and Nicole. 

Harris seemed a little Jason-like today, but his scenes today were a little unexpected and I like that. I still find it a little sad that Stefan is so pathetic though. He’s a friggin Dimera. And an Alamain

Please register in order to view this content

And Harris finally finding out who the dirty cop is and also using Stefan to get Clyde could be good to see. 

And as for Konstantin, he’s still an annoying pain in the ass and I don’t like this storyline or the history rewrite. 

• Members

I find myself really warming to EOB's Theresa lately, which is crazy because I was one of her biggest detractors.

I actually think she and EM have pretty good chemistry too!  I don't even know who I am anymore lol.

• Members

This really is my favorite storyline at the moment. I loved that Theresa confessed to Tate and that it was John who convinced Tate to give Brady another chance. I hope Tate continues to be a bit resentful of his parents, though, that would be realistic. I'm interested to see where this goes with Holly waking up. (And I'm still mystified at the decision to ship Tate and Holly off for a month or so.) 

• Members

Probably, but it seems odd to me that Tate and EJ would have been sidelined, too. EJ had plenty of DiMera stuff to be involved with and Tate could have been a constant thorn in his parents' side. Maybe it saved them from using up their guarantees so they can be used more now. 

• Members

I think maybe they just wanted to pause the story until all the actors were back?  I thought it was a strange choice as well.   Idk, Days does have the weirdest pacing though.  

You have to imagine it was a pretty tense situation especially with what we know from AZ now.  I have to wonder if AZ was thinking about not coming back at all.

• Members
Posted (edited)

I agree, I would guess that they needed some time to figure out how to tell the drug and baby switch story if Nicole was not going to be on canvas.  As I read it, the issue was not about AZ thinking about coming back, but that the former producer wanted to fire her, so they required a plan B.  Now, it is unimaginable that they would be able to tell those stories without recasting Nicole.  But, unfortunately, I can see a future without Nicole once those stories end in six months.  Because Holly could be raised by Maggie and EJ, while Nicole raises Jude off-screen.

Edited by j swift

• Members

I definitely think that was it.  If AZ was fired or left both Holly/Tate had reasonable endings until the show could figure it out.

I think there is a very real possibility Nicole/Eric have a HEA and raise Jude off screen, but I have no idea GV's status with the show.

• Members
Posted (edited)

While I can see it happening, given their contractual status, it would seem like a big course correction given how well Nicole and EJ have been getting along since their wedding.  I would not like it if EJ became suddenly evil again like he did in the fall, in order to facilitate the pairing of Nicole and Eric.  But, I think that's where we're heading with Tate's conviction. 

Edited by j swift

• Errol pinned and featured this topic
  • Members

I don't know if it would be that out of character for EJ to, say, team up with Sloan to keep Eric/Nicole apart due to jealousy.  This kind, gentler EJ feels more out of character than a villain one.  

• Members

2.3/10

I hate today's wrinkle that Holly will hide the fact that she did drugs in order for Nicole to not feel guilty for being a bad mother.  On Christmas Day, Holly was talking about Nicole being a bad mother because she missed her birthday.  Johnny knows that she smoked pot.  And Eric and Nicole took Holly for breakfast when they thought she had a hungover.  So, the idea that Holly would now be motivated by guilt over Nicole to not exonerate Tate is silly.  

Maybe even more like Jason Bourne than Jason Quatermaine.  The guy's been in a coma for weeks, now he can jump out of bed and pin Stefan against the wall?