DAYS: March 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

Yes.  Steve and Victor both had good relationships with John and have for years.  It's really difficult for me to imagine these men watching John struggle with his past and just not telling him anything.  Especially Steve!

I do get a bit confused with the timeline of when Stefano had John and when Victor got him.  Victor was also never the one doing the brainwashing on John, so I don't know where the goofy playing card comes in.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

In the original storyline, once the whole game/competition thing that Victor was a part of collapsed, he stole the Pawn from Petrov and kept him at his house for a little while. Victor then decided to have the Pawn moved to another location, but while they were moving him, he broke out and ran off. And that's when Steve found him and kept him at his apartment. Steve only kept him because he thought that if he was the one who found the Pawn, he'd have a good chance to move up in Victor's organization. I'm not even sure if Victor ever even found out that Steve kept the Pawn from him.

• Members

It's so silly because like @j swiftpointed out John did so many things before he came to Salem and he wasn't really very old when he appeared.  You can only fit so much backstory in.  It reminds me of GH when they told us Sam had been married like 5! times before she came to Port Charles and Sam was about 25 when she showed up.

• Members

I think they could have made Konstantin and everything with him fit in, without messing up the timeline or rewriting history.

They could have said something like Konstantin also did business with Stefano back then. And that Stefano sent his Pawn to Greece to kill him and accidently killed his daughter. 

It's a bit of stretch but at least it wouldn't contradict anything. 

• Members

Fair enough.

I still think this is an attempt to give Steve a story more than John to be honest though.  Steve needs more to do than to find Tripp from his 50th kidnapping and talk to Stephanie about her love life.  John really doesn't appear enough to necessitate a big story.

• Members
Posted (edited)

I totally agree with @carolineg Steve needs a purpose beyond advice to the lovelorn.  I also think a geriatric detective agency, where they're related to all of their clients, feels like pandering for Steve and John to have something to do.  So, I propose three new roles for Steve and John. (1.) Daycare, let's give Julie a break, somebody needs to raise Chad's kids and John is so good with children. (2) Matchmaking, Salem doesn't seem to have dating apps so welcome to black/patch the city's newest yentas who will provide research to make sure your new boyfriend doesn't have amnesia. And (3) An employment agency for ex-spies, from Harris to Shane, Salem is filled with ex-ISA agents, and they can't all be police commissioners, so let's let John and Steve find them jobs in the tech or fashion industries.

However, given the new AI establishing shots, I would advise black/patch to stair clear of window washing the many new highrise buildings in Salem because with one eye, and an out of warranty brain chip I worry about accidents. 

BTW, I'm giving the new producer a month to coordinate the establishing shots with the sets.  The current views out of the windows make no sense.

Edited by j swift

• Members

The hospital one is the only shot that makes some sense.

Wendy and Tripp look they are being held hostage in a quaint European village and John and Marlena's penthouse looks like a cheap apartment complex in Century City.