DAYS: March 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It makes no sense. It also makes no sense the Dimera's can't just kill him either. I think the stated reason is because Clyde has a large syndicate/crime ring (from his prison cell

Please register in order to view this content

) and they don't want Tripp/Wendy/Gabi to be collateral damage and get killed.

• Members

This reminded me of the GG.

Dorothy: Ma, I don't like this crowd you are hanging around with.

Sophia: Pussycat, the center is divided into three groups.....the hip group, the not so hip group and the broken hip group.!

Now which group would you want to be in?

• Members

I haven't been posting because I was bored. 

But Ari brought it back for me today. 

Holly, rightfully so, got upset about Tate being blamed & tried to fix things & couldn't & got even more upset so Nicole concludes we won't speak of this again. How soapy can you get?! I love it. 

• Members

Today was a bit of a sad one.

But the acting was really good for the most part. Everybody conveyed their grief pretty well. Some people may even have their Emmy reels ready. And, all of it didn’t feel rushed either, except for the John and Steve stuff. I did laugh a little bit at the way their final scene ended though. 

And I appreciate that Ava at least tried to get her backbone back. Her being written as such a victim was getting a little ridiculous. 

As for Clyde and Goldman…

They both need to die. 

• Members

Not a good week for the scab writers. It’s like they were saying what do we do now because this strike keeps going on and on. Paulina goes from thyroid cancer to heart failure in a week. Tripp and Wendy make me yawn. Die already. 
Boring week. I miss Ron Carlivati’s Friday cliffhangers. Spellman-Drucker is in way over her head. Some people are great at their jobs, but in a lesser role. She’s better in a supporting role and not as showrunner. 

• Members

I was going to say Paulina's illness escalated really quickly.  I knew she was quite sick, but not near death.  The scenes around it were nice.

I actually found Tripp/Wendy's scenes okay and less boring.  They were a bit more deep then them just pretending they were in other places.

So I did like Ava taking charge, but it was incredibly stupid to make both her hired goons/bodyguards to bring Steve/John home.  She left herself alone with Clyde with no back up?  

Cop girl and Clyde is just gross but also gave me a little laugh, so whatever.

• Members

To me it was strange, yes, but also good. Jim Reynolds doesn't get any better than today & today was superb!

Tamara Braun, spitting words, growling words, fracking screaming words, was hitting it outta the park.

Wendy & Tripp talked, really talked about faith, philosophy & did that soap opera staple where they exchanged vows. 

• Members
Posted (edited)

Today was super-good.

A little foreshadowing, that Chanel cried to Lani about bad people surviving while good people die.  And I have to stop myself from asking why Lani and Chanel are so suddenly close, because it felt like that could've been a Chanel and Johnny scene, but it was fine.

It was one of those days when the acting talents don't seem to matter as much as the impact of the production.  So, yeah, Clyde and Paulina aren't the greatest at line delivery.  But, his smug, smarmy, grossness got under my skin.  And her sorrow when looking at kid's art, or her anxiety at the bright light, were totally engaging. 

I'm on the record that I hate when characters like Ava are portrayed as cool as they're holding a gun because I think it is socially irresponsible.  And, I'll never understand why writers make it so easy to overpower someone that has a weapon.  But, for the sake of Steve and John's aging frailty, I am glad they are not on scene.  Although, how are they going to get away with helping a convicted felon escape from prison?

Edited by j swift

• Members

Not her forte, for sure. It was cringe, honestly.

I'm so over Clyde that I have no words. His expiration date was about 4 years ago.

The Wendy and Tripp stuff was decent, but went on too long. Would it still have been decent if they cut it back? I'm not sure, but I know those scenes went on so long I was yawning.

Overall, too much of the episode was slow and lacking in energy.

• Members

I liked it a lot. Jim Reynolds was excellent. For the first time in ages Wendy & Tripp were good. Chanel & Lani very good. Tamara was incredible, top of her game. Really except for those 2 things best show since Julie told the history of the Hortons.

Thursday Nicole & Holly, excellent also Eric & Holly.

The rest of the week I was really seriously bored.

I do wish someone would get a clue & stop trying to rehab Leo, though. It can't be done. Waste of time or annoying.