DAYS: March 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

Yeah and RoboJohn was actually totally fine staying that way forever. RoboJohn used to make audibly laugh out loud. Drake was hilarious. RoboJohn was such a dick too

Please register in order to view this content

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yes I am going to grab the gif of John slamming Marlena into a door because it's hilarious and also abuse etc so I am not advocating it, but still makes me laugh.  I can't find the actual scene but this is a fantastic silly montage. At approx 5:30 in

Okay.  I just wasn't clear.  John was healthy and of mostly sound mind.  He just wanted nothing to do with his past life.

• Members

EJ annoyed me today.

I get why he’s gunning for Tate so hard, but it seems so heavy handed sometimes. But I do like what Holly’s trying to do. It could lead to good storyline for her and Tate in the future. They just need some friends their own age. But I think that this is a lot better than her just having amnesia.

At the same time, I don’t really get why Harris is sending Xander up the river, when he’s in a similar situation to Holly. 

And, I like the way Sarah was used today. Having a character interact with characters that she doesn’t usually interact with is always good. 

I also thought it was kinda sweet when Tripp called Wendy his wife

Please register in order to view this content

• Members
Posted (edited)

I know it is no longer the 1990s

And I know it is not chivalrous to comment on a woman's features

But, Holly's bushy eyebrows are distracting to me (emphasis on the personal to avoid replies from people defending bushy brows).

Edited by j swift

• Members
Posted (edited)

Also, I keep forgetting that Stefan shot Harris.  It is kind of ironic that Steve Burton is recovering from a gunshot wound on two different networks.  I guess 'wincing in pain' is the only thing he can emote?

Anyhoo, it seems like they've written Stefan into a corner now that he's confessed to EJ.  Also, Goldman and Clyde have no reason to defend Stefan.  So, I'm interested to know how that will play out.

Once again, I must raise concerns about the pacing. Why is it so challenging for DAYS to juggle Paulina's heart, the BobEtte mystery, the drug plot, and the baby switch concurrently? I'm not suggesting they all need to unfold in a single day, but surely we can manage more than one storyline per episode. These brief scenes, often spanning an entire episode for a single conversation, are to blame. Take, for instance, Sarah and Harris sharing two significant pieces of information—the pain medication and Harris's reaction to Xander's unjust accusation. It shouldn't have taken nearly the entire hour to convey just those two points. 

Edited by j swift

• Members
Posted (edited)

@Khan I'll see your two Cameron Mathison press-on eyebrows and raise you one Eric Martsolf over-trimmed, oddly-dyed beard.  These former hunks are not aging gracefully, and yet somehow their jawlines are still sharp enough to cut glass.

Edited by j swift