DAYS: March 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

I still wouldn’t have burned down the Horton house but I like the way characters are being brought together by the rebuilding and how they all are interacting. The bonds between them all are on full display and it could lead to some progression in their individual storylines. I’m still curious about the mystery of the lockbox/time capsule too.

Btw, did another character ever wear the shirt that Julie was wearing lol like Will or somebody. It looks familiar.

Brady vs Nicole was good too. I’m glad that Holly confessed to Nicole that it wasn’t Tate who gave her the drugs. I’m looking forward to seeing where they’re gonna go from here, especially considering what some spoilers have said. Jamie Martin Mann and Ashley Puzemis were really good today as well. They’re both pretty talented. 

The Everett storyline is still convoluted, especially now that we know a little more about his past, but I don’t dislike it. I still think he’s full of crap and that it would be a total letdown if he actually doesn’t remember Jada and their relationship. 

I wouldn’t mind all of that leading to a Chad/Stephanie reunion either. Their scenes today were really nice. 

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Suspension of disbelief aside, and with all due respect to the idea that they have to find a way to tell the audience about BobEtte's background. Please find a logical reason why the Salem PD would send their files to Marlena?

First, BobEtte is not under investigation for a crime, so why is his ex-wife using government resources to do a background check on him?

Second, given that he is a journalist and a victim of a crime, why wouldn't they just send the file straight to BobEtte?

Third, if they know the names of his family, why hasn't anyone contacted them?

• Members

I took it as Jada sent the information she personally knew about Bobby to Marlena not that she used police resources to do it.  It seems like Jada would know details like her ex husband's parents name, place of birth, etc.  To get a marriage license in most states you need to have at least that information.

Well, Will did date John's son so Idk...

• Members

Temp Sloan did pretty well. I actually didn’t see that much of a difference between her and Jessica Serfaty. And I don’t mind her now becoming a part of Tate’s storyline. Having all of this tied to EJ/Nicole/Eric/Baby Jude could be really good. But why were Theresa and Tate speaking to Sloan like they didn’t know that she’s Eric’s wife?

Eric/Holly/Nicole was the best part of today. I really like their relationship and I’m glad that Eric suspects that Holly is lying about something. Greg and Ashley play off of each other really well and they do make you believe that, despite the divorce from Nicole, Eric is still the only father that Holly’s ever known. But I still hope that Days does a storyline where Holly finds out the truth about her father’s death. That could be so good. 

And Nicole planning Jude’s christening party could be really good as well.

Ava being written as such a victim is still kinda sad though.

But wtf was this Leo propaganda today? It almost seemed like somebody who was supposed to be on strike secretly wrote his scenes.

And as for the Eric/Leo scene when Eric came home… Y’all have been warned

Please register in order to view this content

• Members
Posted (edited)

I was thinking today about Leo and Sloan.  I'm not as big of a Leo detractor as some, but I hope he will get some retribution when the baby switch information comes to light.

Arguably, Sloan has some plausible deniability because she did not plan to steal Nicole's baby.  Jude was thrust upon her due to forces beyond her control.  And she couldn't reject him without seeming culpable.

On the other hand, Leo has been keeping the information secret in order to profit off of Sloan.  Nicole has done nothing to harm Leo, but he has been responsible for her suffering.  He had nothing to lose by exposing the scam when he first realized what occurred.  And he has prolonged this scheme, despite having access to Eric, EJ, and Nicole in order to confess.  So, today when they portrayed him a loving caregiver, it felt empty, because he is doing nothing right in this situation.

Finally, gotta love Salem, where the only three possible locations for a baby's christening are his parent's one-room condo, the local pub, or the biggest mansion in town.

Edited by j swift

• Members

TempSloan looks and acts very much like RealSloan.  That was good casting lol.  I get really annoyed when things are set up so stupidly like Leo babysitting today.  While I didn't mind the scenes we all know Sloan could have just called Eric and said she had an unexpected client (his own nephew!) and needed to meet with them.  It's not like Eric's visit with Holly couldn't wait a few hours.  So, Sloan called the entire town to babysit, but just didn't tell Eric to postpone his visit?  I am being manipulated into liking Leo and it won't work.

The John/Steve/Ava prison break story is just ridiculous.  John/Steve talking about their training is lol.   Does Days not realize we have eyes and although they were quite stealthy in their 30's John/Steve have been members of the AARP for at least a decade and a half now.  I am worried someone's gonna break a hip here.

• Members
Posted (edited)

Also, how much did Leo pack to go babysit for a few hours?

And, Eric's kind of a dick to Sloan.  I don't think Sloan considered the long term consequences of raising a kid with a guy whose values differ so much from her own.  Why would he agree to let Nicole host the christening without consulting his wife?  I mean, he always makes Sloan look like the "bad guy", when it is perfectly reasonable not to want your husband's ex-lover and the kidnapper of your child to host your event.  Next, is he going to ask Chanel to cater the reception? 

Speaking of which, what is the current status of Chanel and Sloan's relationship?  I was surprised that Sloan stopped into the bakery when Nicole kidnapped Jude.  Have they had any interactions since her brother tried to throw Chanel and her mother off of the roof?

Edited by j swift