DAYS: March 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

3.8/10

While I appreciate Holly's conflict as necessary to maintain the story, it doesn't feel organic because Holly's feelings toward Nicole before her coma were not congruent with her desire to protect her Mom. 

The Lexi stuff is odd, I'll leave it at that.  I'm not offended by the choices made, but I could think of dozens of other characters who could've fulfilled the same roll, and would have been willing to appear on-screen.

I agree with @AbcNbc247, that I thought the sign language trick was clever.  It was a little late, but still clever.  I also like that Steve makes no bones about his dislike of Ava.  Like, there's not going to be one of those scenes where Ava hugs Steve and then Kayla walks in and gets p@#$% off, because he is almost disgusted by her. 

• Members

It's funny both John and Steve are so exasperated by Ava, but both men have slept with her lol.

Anyhow, I thought today was OK.  I thought Tate/Holly was by far the best part.  

The Lexie stuff was silly, but didn't bother me really.  What can you do?  Renee Jones retired.  

• Members

Yeah.  At this point the woman has made it clear she is RETIRED and never coming back, so as long as Abe got his memory back it is what it is.  The show wasn't really being lazy.  The actress sounded a bit like RJ.   Unless Abe was visited by his dead brother Theo SR. I can't really think of any way to get out of it.   And OGTheo is probably too obscure of a reference since he died in 85, but so did Megan lol.

• Members
Posted (edited)

She’s still alive.

I was thinking the apparition was gonna be Chanel’s father, encouraging Paulina to fight. 

But at the end of Friday, it was clear that it was a woman lol 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

I am not saying John doesn't have reasons to hate her. I find the whole relationship ill conceived and random.  I was just saying I don't think she forced herself on John or that he was unwilling.  It was a bad time on Days.  I think in regards to John's memory it's all a bit of a slippery slope because he's never had much memory or idea who he was, so was Marlena forcing him when they thought he was Roman?  Isabella?  When John had no idea who he was?  So while I didn't like Ava or the relationship, I just don't think there was any coercion there.  RoboJohn made it clear he did not want his memories back.

• Members
Posted (edited)

Leave it to DAYS to inspire a discussion about whether people with computer chips implanted in their brains are able to consent to intercourse.  And they did it years before the introduction of AI to the culture.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by j swift

• Members

So, wait, John was just being John? I didn't see this & have only heard loud accusations as if they were fact of Ava taking advantage of John. I thought was some hook. 

Also thought the day was good - but also quite odd. And what does it take for a DAYS to be odd?!! And, I don't honestly see much dislike of Ava. To me, it's more like civil neutrality. There's no joviality, no small talk but they did go back for her & also untied her. 

As for Angel Lexie I would have preferred they'd gone another way. Not very effective, if you ask me. But it's done. Over. Kaput. 

The use of ASL was to me the best of the day. So clever, very intelligent. 

But Tate was a close second. He was great!