DAYS: March 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

Tripp's never really had a clear identity throughout the show and different regimes so I am not surprised.  

But the fact you have Sami and EJ's son, Marlena and Stefano's grandson doing a whole lot of nothing is disappointing.  He should be an epic legacy character and Johnny is just...there.    Definitely not taking the canvas by storm or anything.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Ewwww Maggie. You can do so much better than Konstantin. 

I liked the conversation that she had with Julie. Her being lonely does make a lot of sense and I actually it could be a good storyline, if it wasn’t for Konstantin lol. 

And I’m also glad that Julie got to have scenes with Eli before he left. 

I did kind of like Harris/Ava too. To me, it starting to look like Ava’s finally getting her edge back. She’s not a psycho villain but not a pushover victim either and I like that.

And even though I don’t like the storyline, I’m looking forward to Steve telling Marlena everything about John.

• Members

I agree some of Maggie's dialogue was really good.  Unfortunately, Konstantin is not where it's at lol.

I liked the scenes with Marlena/Roman/John/Eric and Eric explaining Sloan's behavior.  I know this has been Roman/Marlena's dynamic for years, but they don't seem like they were ever married or had kids together.  Deidre Hall looks like she can barely stand to hug Josh Taylor and I think it's funny.

I still think TB/SBu have good chemistry.  I don't mind Harris/Ava.

I just don't get Steve not telling John or even Marlena whatever he knows years ago lol.  It makes no sense.

• Members

I disagree. I think for most of his time onscreen he has had a very distinct personality. The only thing is that it's Mama's Boy! And, culturally they were valued once upon a time because they were good boys instead of bad boys. But, today they're just sort of sore thumbs or holier-than-thous or even goofy guys. Never a plus! 

• Members
Posted (edited)

Eli's return was filled with questionable logic.

1. Why did they choose to stay at the mansion instead of a hotel?
    1. You'd think it would bring back bad memories because Lani shot Stefan there.
    2. It's awfully nice of Stefan to forgive Lani so easily - oh yeah, they've never resolved that...
  2. I assume Julie called him about the fire, so why was he still clueless?
    1. Between this scene and Roman finding out about Abe's recovery, it seems like nobody in Salem ever uses text messaging.
    2. I get that they need to show us things visually, but I don't feel like streaming demands this much repetition.
  3. Did Lani, Eli, and the twins pack enough to just move to DC, or do they have to go back home first?
  4. What did Eli do to his hair to make himself look different?
  5. What's Lani going to do for a job now that she's a convicted felon?
  6. Did Lani run into her old friend Kristen at the mansion?

Well, I guess we'll never know, because I doubt we'll ever see them again.

Edited by j swift

• Members

Tate/Holly was the best part of today.

I like the conversations that each of them had with their parents. And the reasons why they’re doing the things that they do could have a pretty interesting impact on the canvas. I hope Tate ends up being the angry/messy good guy that we all wanted Tripp or Johnny to be. I think the actor can really pull it off.

Harris vs EJ could be interesting as well. 

As for John/Steve… I wonder who came up with this storyline that didn’t actually happen back in the 80s lol 

• Members
Posted (edited)

To quote Godfather III, “just when I thought I was out, they dragged me back in”

John's frustration over still not knowing everything about his past really moved me today.  Even the fact that it is a retcon didn't bother me, because we can have empathy for John based on the idea that we didn't know this information for the past 40 years either.   I thought that they creatively conveyed the horror of not knowing what one was capable of in the past within the limits of what the actor can portray.

I can't help but think that someone else shot Katerina.  I assume it is not Konstantin or Steve.  But, it is an intriguing mystery.

On another note, does Tate really live at a halfway house, or does he live in the interrogation room at Salem PD?  Because why are his parents only visiting him at the precinct?  And, why does Jada leave other convict's files in the room?  (I know they don't want to build another set, I'm just kidding).

Harris v EJ is cute, but it is ironic that Harris tries to take the moral high ground, when a year ago he was holding three old ladies hostages in a cryochamber

And yet, this is another week when Sloan and BobEtte just live in limbo while we watch three conversations take up an entire episode of the show. 

Edited by j swift