DAYS: March 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members
Posted (edited)

And, she looks so alone & there don't seem to be many people there. I had to laugh to keep from crying. 

DAYS Th. 3-21-24  An odd day even for DAYS! First the good news: No Konstantin! The show played it that today was the 1 yr anniversary of Abby's murder. Chad had an excellent scene about it & her murderer being free, but on the run, only it was with Leo. For once Leo looked great. Normal slacks with a crew neck sweater in a very bright primary color. Chad assigns him, for awhile anyway, to straight stories. Everett is MIA. Oh, the set for the paper looks larger. Still looks like a hotel room dressed as a dorm room impersonating a community theatre set! We didn't see Thomas & Charlotte. We did see Chad at graveside with humongous flowers. So Paulina is heading home from the hospital. Reporters rush them as they head out. The word "miracle" is tossed around.
Edited by Contessa Donatella
combine 2 posts

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Posted (edited)

Another Marlena/Maggie scene! Too bad it was ruined by this Konstantin crap.

EJ and Stefan seemed pretty good today. Their scenes today did seem like a bit of a pissing contest but it also seemed a lot more sophisticated than what we’ve seen before. A little unsure about Stefan though. I like how he was written today, but it was such a change from the spineless wimp he was when Clyde is ever around. Sudden changes like that are always kinda weird.

Nicole/Sloan was good today too. I hope at the payoff at the Christening is worth all this build up. The effects that it could have on both characters and their husbands would be really good to see.

Btw, why was Ava dressed like the Riddler?

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Firstly, Eric > Alex any day.  Man of the cloth, more like man in a towel, am I right?

Stefan's latest move, recording EJ, feels somewhat underwhelming in terms of strategic planning. It's frustrating to see characters like Stefan and EJ not utilizing Chad's access to the press to their advantage. For instance, why didn't Stefan involve Chad by sharing the recording, allowing him to leverage it against EJ by threatening to expose the DA's questionable dealings? The predictability of Stefan handing over his phone to EJ leaves little room for surprise, especially considering the absence of cloud storage in Salem, making erasing the recording a straightforward solution.

Despite these shortcomings, the nonchalant dismissal of Xander's legal troubles sets the stage for a significant confrontation once he inherits his wealth. The anticipation builds as various parties, including the DiMeras, Alex, and Konstantin, continue to stack grievances against him. This brewing conflict is likely to explode when Xander finally gains power and resources. While there's speculation that the slow reveal may be intentional until Ron's return, the ongoing accumulation of tensions promises an explosive resolution when Xander finally ascends to power.

• Members
Posted (edited)

I find Days very dull. Trying to do my part by putting it on and do other things because they count the streams. I notice that Days is usually #9 on Peacock and many times not even in the Top 10. They used to be higher. Can’t wait until Ron Carlivati is back. At least the show is interesting when he’s writing Days. 

Edited by TEdgeofNight

• Members

Sloan's baby is wrapped -- suffocated -- in so much blanket that it's laughable. Why does it look like the baby weighs under 3 lbs.? And why do the baby's cries sound like they're coming from the next room?

It's unbelievable how poorly this reads on the screen, and it has nothing to do with DAYS' budget.

• Members
Posted (edited)

Like people on here have said, maybe it’s time for a sequel to Never Say Never

Please register in order to view this content

That would be so good.

I hope they do something like that. That could stir up conflict for Xander and Sarah as well.

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members
Posted (edited)

I don't know if I mentioned this before, but I've been thinking back to that scene the other day where Theresa explained to Tate how she actually ended up getting custody of him and I actually won't be surprised if after she eventually gets exposed that Theresa just decides to leave Tate with Brady indefinitely and just give up all of her parental rights before either heading back to California or going to prison, (or maybe she actually gets shipped off to prison in California for a very long stint).

On the very unlikely chance that she somehow sticks around after this storyline with Konstantin and Alex, I'm expecting for Theresa to just slip back into drugs and she just starts using again and gets high all the time while everybody pretty much ignores and shuns her because they're all pissed at her for the whole Alex/Xander situation until the writers either figure out what they want to do next or they just decide to kill her off permanently by having her die of a massive overdose. 

Edited by MissPhoenixGirl92

• Members

Maybe they decided - finally - that life was just too short to nurse a feud. We can hope! 

To me EJ elevates Stefan but Stefan pulls down EJ. I'm at that "STFU Stefan" stage. 

I must confess I am tired of all this shite hanging on. I want some resolutions. Nicole's baby. Xander the rightful heir. 

Darn, I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary! 

• Members
Posted (edited)

Yeah, I keep thinking that eventually they'll have to switch EOB back to playing Gwen (I can only imagine how annoying it must be to wear that wig everyday on set).

Did the switch happen in October?  So, it's been 5 months.  And I would imagine that they are waiting for Ron to return for the reveal.  Then, I agree, Theresa will be written off to La La Land.  But, I hope it is not as sad as her abandoning her sobriety.

Edited by j swift

• Members

With the way Ron tossed Gwen aside, Idk.

There's not really that much story for Gwen anymore either... except for her to finally get back at Leo for his betrayal. 

Theresa has a lot more story opportunities, imo.

The black and green together didn't look that good lol