DAYS: March 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members
Posted (edited)

Lots of good stuff today

#1, Marlena telling Eric to be more sensitive to Sloan about Nicole.  Finally!  It was so annoying when it felt like Eric was being morally superior by choosing to attend to the needs of his former girlfriend over his wife.  And, it was cool of Marlena, who doesn't prefer Sloan, to still tell Eric to be more thoughtful.

#2, Two new sets in one day?  We haven't seen the interior of the Halfway House, nor do I recall seeing Harris's room.  Did the halfway house appear to be empty of other teens or staff? Yes.  Was Harris mostly confined to a doorway? Sure.  But, at least we got some new visuals.

#3, Jada's point about Stephanie made sense.  Stephanie was the other woman, and Jada deserves to be angry about it.  Also, it was insightful to suggest that Stephanie never asked questions of BobEtte because she wanted their relationship to work, regardless of the circumstances.  This has always been Stephanie's achilles heel, and it was nice to see it identified by another woman.

But, what's happened to those urban AI establishing shots?  They were fun in establishing the landscape of Salem.  Even if they were unsettlingly different from how I assumed the town appears. 

Also, I've completely forgotten where we are in the Stefan saga.  So I didn't understand why Harris would ask Xander who was setting him up, since he knows it was Clyde?

Edited by j swift

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Posted (edited)

It is ironic that they all live in this huge urban landscape, but only choose to congregate in the tiny town square.  As I noted when they first popped up, it indicated a change in the production with minimal impact on the storytelling.  So, I appreciated the effort, if not the execution.

Edited by j swift

• Members
Posted (edited)

Today was a little weird and very flashback heavy. 

But once again, Leo is totally unnecessary. And it still seems like his scenes are being written in secret by someone who was supposed to be on strike. Except for the Horton house episode, there hasn’t really been any kind of change in style at all. And idk if his flashback and guilt was supposed to be propaganda or something, but it isn’t gonna work. The only thing his flashback did was make me miss Peter Porte even more

Please register in order to view this content

Brady/Roman was a little unexpected but I didn’t mind it. The two of them were actually pretty good together. 

As for what people were wearing for the Christening, Holly’s dress was kinda ugly lol and what were those things in her hair? 

And, what is it with Marlena and those sparkly jackets?

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Of course Leo was the cliffhanger..... rolls eyes...Leo looked like a 200 year old drag queen. 

The best part was Theresa going off at Holly at the christening. 

Of course Leo isn't going to say anything. It was a fake out cliffhanger.

• Members

Since it's basically the same set I always thought they lived in the same building, although I think this is the first time it's been acknowledged by the show.

I think John/Marlena just have the larger, penthouse in the building and Steve/Kayla get a kitchen lol.

Oh, @AbcNbc247, you know Deidre Hall has never met a sparkly blazer she didn't like lol.

• Members

I don't mind the relatively tight shot of Salem University Hospital or the super tight shot of the police headquarters, but yeah those AI graphics of John/Marlena and Steve/Kayla living in the middle of Manhattan is ridiculous. 

I prefer the real-life exterior shots they did around 2002, which were of Minneapolis or St. Paul, I think. 

• Members

I’m looking forward to it, and to what it could lead to for everybody

True but damn lol

If they give her a top hat, she could be a ringmaster at the circus

I remember the shot of what was supposed to be the Dimera mansion was a building looking all dark and gothic

• Members
Posted (edited)

I don't understand DAYS's need for temporary recasts?

They shoot episodes out of order, months in advance.  And we go weeks without seeing certain characters.  So, doesn't it feel like poor management to bring in a pinch hitter during an important story beat, when it seems like they could shoot around the absence? 

It is reasonable to believe that Jessica Serfaty didn't go off yachting in the Côte d'Azur last fall without notice.  And even with the unexpected absence of Arianne Zucker, one imagines that they could've waiting a week to film the christening.  It even seems like they could've filmed all the non-Sloan material and then edit her in later.

I write this with the certainty that some busy body will respond with the top ten reasons DAYS requires temporary recasts.  So, please spare me and understand that this is a rhetorical remark.  Because it will never make sense why a soap that is so dependent on flashbacks would choose this option. 

Edited by j swift

• Members

I tend to agree that the idea of a temporary recast is a bit silly too.

In the case of Sloan though, I find this temp so similar in appearance and mannerisms that I barely noticed.  That could be a swipe at JS's acting, but this temp is practically her twin lol.

Yup.  She could.

• Members

Ok, I really gotta know, who’s the one at Days that’s still shoving Leo down our throats? Ron was on strike, who the hell is it lol everyone BTS has to know by now that Leo only has like three fans. 

I’m glad that Eric was finally able to get through to Holly. It was definitely time for her to confess the truth and I’m looking forward to those scenes on Monday. This could have such a ripple effect across the canvas and I really hope that it does. It always good when just one beat can drive story for so many characters. 

I enjoyed the Theresa/Tate scenes too, even though Tate did get a little whiny lol Theresa positioning herself as the spoiler for Tate/Holly could be pretty good as well. 

John going to head to head with EJ and talking about Stefano is more proof that this rewrite with Victor is stupid af. There was no reason why they couldn’t have found a way to tie Konstantin to Stefano.

And, I guess it was a block taping issue or something but it was kinda weird that Kate didn’t show up until the end of the episode.