DAYS: March 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members
Posted (edited)

I really don't see Andrew being that supportive of her; as a matter of fact, I won't be surprised if he ends up becoming really pissed at her for making him cover up an actual crime, especially if it results in him losing his ISA job. He might even end up cutting her out of his life for good. The only person that might still be supportive of Theresa is her dad, only because he probably still feels guilty for not being in her life much as a kid. 

Theresa basically deserves to be completely isolated and shunned by society with no one willing to associate or deal with her. Of course I'm still hoping that she gets shipped off to prison for the next 10 years and she gets the same treatment there that Gabi did and she also eventually dies in prison, never to be seen or heard from ever again. 

Edited by MissPhoenixGirl92

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Conversely, I've enjoyed the respite from constant plot-driven storytelling. There's been more insight into character motivations, greater interaction between previously siloed characters and scenes that last longer than 30 seconds. It's still not a great show by any means but I've found a fair amount to like about it.

Then again, I was weaned on Bill Bell's DAYS, when plot progression could take years. (Looking at you, Mike Horton.)

• Members

Ron still will be back in May. Not gonna change. This is March. 

Agree. Agree. Also on Bill Bell's DAYS

However, I'm really unhappy at the moment & it's because of this Pawn crapola & because this is showing Drake at his very worst & I thought we were past that. 

• Members

The minute Ron comes back to Days this show is all going to be goofy, dumb and stupid again with a strong emphasis on plot driven nonsense above everything else. I know that the scab writers are terrible too but that doesn't mean that I'm excited for Ron Carlivanti to come back. 

• Members

Just a good brother, looking out for his sister but also calling her out on her BS. 

Eric and Sami were like that back in the day. 

I don’t expect improvement

Today just seemed more laughable than normal 

Can’t forget the biased prop writing either

• Members

Except that I don't recall Sami ever doing anything to jeopardize her brother's profession and livelihood. Andrew should be pissed at Theresa for a very long time; he would be very stupid and foolish to keep on supporting her especially since Theresa has proven time and again that she will never change and she's completely and utterly incapable of changing. 

• Members
Posted (edited)

Are these apartments so small that Sarah feels that she can't have sex unless Victoria is at the mansion?  And, I dislike when soaps feel the need to write scenes where people remind each other of their past?  I know it is meant to catch the audience at home up with the action.  But, it seems so inorganic for Sarah to retell Xander's past while he is sitting next to her on the sofa.

Also, can anyone imagine what a Greek police department would do if a 70-year-old man from the US wondered in and confessed to a crime that he doesn't recall?  The government of Greece is insolvent.  They don't need to occupy their time with a death from forty years ago. (Are we meant to assume it happened in 1986 when John was still the Pawn?)

The relative ages of Alex, Theresa, Brady, and Kristen make them an odd quad.  I get that Kristen has been de-SORASed.  But she still feels a generation older than Alex and Theresa.  It is just distracting every time that they are in a scene together. (BTW, I looked it up, and now I know that in real time Alexander is three years older than Brady, but it doesn't look that way on screen).

That being said, I thought Alex's dialogue was snappy and funny today.  Unpopular opinion, but Konstantin plays the heck out of being a creep.  It is annoying that Maggie and Marlena have no insight into his behavior, but he's good at getting under my skin.

Edited by j swift