DAYS: March 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

I have to laugh every time I read here that things at DAYS are in slow motion and going nowhere until Ron gets back.

If that's true, what a plan LOLOL   BTW, I don't believe it's true. I cannot believe you'd tell interim writers to "Stall all the plots" until the HW returns.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I still don’t like the Alex/Kristen fake relationship but the Brady/Theresa/Alex/Kristen scenes were good today. They’re all so stupid and messy and part of so many storylines at the moment that this could all lead to a pretty big mess that involves a lot of characters. Days has such great opportunities to do all that right now and I hope they take it. 

Other than that, everyone else was a little boring but it was nice seeing them so happy. Tripp and Wendy still need something good to do though lol 

• Members
Posted (edited)

I didn't watch Kristen steal Tate from Theresa's womb, although I'm certain it was as insane to see as it was to type that sentence.  But, I assume Kristen and Theresa have always had a conflictual relationship?  It is a shame that we haven't seen more of them together.  As well as Kristen's reaction to Tate's current circumstance.  As much as I don't care for Kristen, it would also be interesting to see if she has caught on to Konstantin's con, because we all know it is difficult to con a con artist. 

I would not mind the Wendy/Tripp stuff if it didn't follow the habitual DAYS scene structure - question, pause, cut, repeat the question, pause, cut, interruption, cut, finally at the end of the episode a semi-resolution to the initial question.  I find myself screaming, “just read the nonverbal clues, you idiots!”  I will never understand the soap effect of a character obviously telegraphing their inner thoughts to the audience, while their scene partner remains oblivious. 

Also, the Ava stuff only served as a distraction, and didn't fit the circumstance.  Because last time we saw Ava she was shtupping Harris, and hardly mentioned Tripp.  So, why is she only overprotective when she is not actually in a scene?

One positive note, I like that Stephanie was at the hospital.  It served both to strengthen the bond between the siblings.  And it helps explain Stephanie's motives with BobEtte.  Because she is caught up in the romance of Tripp and Wendy.  I appreciate that scabs are creating a flow from one day to the next.  I feel like the regular writers treat each episode as if we are starting from scratch.

Edited by j swift

• Members
Posted (edited)

I'd prefer not to delve into criticizing Ron specifically, but it often seems as if he overlooked exploring the motives of female characters. Take Stephanie, for instance. She's disappointed by Chad's inability to commit, yet finds joy in her brother's newfound love, explaining her support for Everett. In the past, she might have blindly stood by Everett while Jada and Kayla criticized her.

Similarly, Theresa relished the excitement of Alex's lavish lifestyle but is torn by the stability and history she shares with Brady. Rather than explicitly justifying her choices, we witness how their shared trauma over Tate strengthens their bond, creating a well-balanced love triangle.

Even with my reservations about Konstantin, I appreciate that neither Maggie nor Sarah are portrayed as ignorant to drive the plot forward. Maggie's reflection on Victor's past evolution from villain to a changed man sheds light on her attraction to Konstantin.

Furthermore, in John's storyline, comparing the depth of the current pawn story to the previous Dick Van Dyke narrative highlights how a change of pace can affect the enjoyment of a story. When John discovered his father, he processed it briefly and moved on. Currently, despite potential retcons in Catharina's shooting storyline, the story is really about John's lifelong journey of piecing together his past, only to discover his best friend's betrayal, leaving him unsure of his own capabilities.

Edited by j swift

• Members
Posted (edited)

Please feel free to criticize as much as you want.  I'm just sensitive when people attribute his limitations as a writer to either his sexuality, a projected hostility toward his audience, or his past as a fan of the genre.  Whereas I feel, it is about the break neck pacing that he employs in crafting a plot, that doesn't allow the characters to express any self exploration.

Edited by j swift

• Members

Given this photo, and our recent discussion of how Deidre Hall looks amazing (despite the lighting on DAYS), I'm starting to believe that 78 is new 40

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

OT I was impressed by the Ernie pic so did a pic search and found others from a few years back where he looks more wrinkled and jowelly (but still good for his age). Wondering if he did't have a few procedures in anticipation of being in the public eye again...

• Members

Tate and Holly were good today, even though I’m not really sure about Tate being the big hero and agreeing to keep the secret about Holly. He’s a teen. Let him be messy and angry lol and I wonder if Tate’s journal is gonna play into anything as well. 

The whole Everett is still really convoluted. I’m still hoping that it turns out he’s full of crap, which would explain why he doesn’t want Marlena to hypnotize him. And we can do without Jada being so angry as well. The way Elia Cantù’s been playing it, you really get the impression that Jada’s keeping a secret (a baby?) Plus, this storyline doesn’t need to become just a Jada/Stephanie bitchfight. 

Xander/Harris bonding was a little weird as well, but I don’t mind it. 

My biggest pet peeve is when he lets his biases write the show for him. 

Can you imagine how different Days would have been all these years if he had been more objective lol

• Members
Posted (edited)

Agreed 100% 

The clownishness is mostly gone.  I wonder how the scab writers would handle over-the-top cartoon characters like Susan Banks or Bonnie Lockhart. It's no surprise they haven't bothered. 

Impressive. Definite GILF vibes. 

Edited by Gray Bunny