DAYS: March 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

I’m not gonna lie, today was a little boring lol

It was nice seeing everyone so happy, but the whole time I was wondering, where do we go from here? What stories can they do for these characters, especially Johnny/Chanel and Tripp/Wendy. 

Btw, it was a huge mistake that the four of them weren’t put in a big messy quad together. 

And, it was too bad about Eli/Lani too. I’m glad they’re getting their happily ever after but just like with everybody else, there was so much that they could’ve done with them. 

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Fluffy? Who’s Fluffy?

That’s literally the only thing that they could do for both couples. The show had chances with them, with things like Wendy and Johnny’s relationship and the Dimera curse that Chad warned Johnny about, and they just didn’t take them.

• Members

I feel like the investment level is so low on all 4 characters.  They should be doing things, but they aren't.  What exactly was the point of Holly's crush on Johnny?  It went nowhere lol.  Wendy/Tripp/Johnny/Chanel went nowhere.  Now they are just good buddies.  It's disappointing, but I have to say outside of Chanel I do find the other 3 pretty dull.

• Members

It's strange because I don't dislike Wendy, Tripp, or Johnny.  I do like them.  Chanel is just the only one I find interesting lol.  Raven Bowens just appears to have more charisma than the rest.  I did think Wendy/Victoria Grace had some potential in the beginning, but her spunk sort of disappeared.

• Members

I'm okay with a pause in the story for some romance, and I wish Peacock would include more love scenes.  I mean, Wendy and Tripp were just rescued yesterday, so they can have a break.  And there's potential for all involved.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the Dimera, Shin, Vitali, and Johnson family dynamics play into these couple's relationships.  I'm also cool with Wendy being used to help solve the BobEtte mystery using her advanced computer skills.  Or Tripp using his medical degree to help Holly.  Because I think every soap needs some secondary characters to move the plot along.

I'm also interested in where Johnny and Chanel will live.  How these two young adults from privileged backgrounds will survive on their own.  And whether the issues that we've discussed about Johnny needing a purpose get integrated into their story.  

• Members
Posted (edited)

I have to respectfully disagree.  Within the past month, we've seen (1) Clyde's multipronged attack on the Horton House, Harris, and Lucas, (2) Clyde's prison escape, (3) The BobEtte reveal to Jada, (4) Paulina's illness, (5) Stefan's deal with EJ, (6) Holly emerging from her coma, (7) Xander's arrest, (8) The wedding of Johnny and Chanel, and (9) the return of Eli and Lani.  

I thought the mini-Tom and Alice scenes would be filler material, but it has come and gone pretty quickly. 

Also, I don't think we can effectively judge the forward movement of the show based on a single mid-week episode.  I'm not pointing fingers, just saying that it is a Wednesday in mid-March, which is not typically a time for memorable material on any show.

Edited by j swift

• Members

I didn't find the day boring. So, we had wraps-ups for several things. And, frankly we just went from 3 people almost dying to them all, everyone going to be okay. This very long term amnesia now reversed, finally! Stupid Clyde has disappeared & may he stay away, good riddance! Amazingly, Tripp showed the first sign of actual insight into how much trouble his mother can bring into his life & affect other people who are in his life!! Never thought we'd hear those lines. That alone was worth this Wednesday to me. 

• Members
Posted (edited)

Agreed.

They lost interest in these characters/actors too quickly.

And yet RSW and GR have been shoved down our throats for years

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by AbcNbc247