DEADLINE: Days of our Lives Misconduct Investigation Against Co-EP Albert Alarr

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The haircut thing (which is absurd and abusive but less salacious and traumatizing) made me think of the kid who's been playing Joey. He had longer hair on Beyond Salem and then showed up with shorter hair on the main show, but they've shown him less and less since that first appearance...

• Members

Jamey Giddens did the same thing.  No one will convince me he left Days voluntarily because he got a new gig. He wiped Twitter bio and Facebook of any mention of his days job even though he worked until the strike and his scripts are airing through close to end of the year.  I think Albert is toast. No way he stays indefinitely.  

• Members

Vaughan had the buzzcut after he left Days and appeared on Queen Sugar as a police officer. That was understood.  There was a period of time when he recurred on both QS and Days, but the haircut was understood.   I don't think that's part of this situation.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

You used to be unable to pry Martha Madison away from a soap or social media involving a soap she was on tbqh, so that tracks. I feel bad taking a light jab at that aspect of her public life if it is her; it's horrible for anyone.

Edited by Vee

• Members

The most depressing aspect of this story is knowing just how common this behavior likely has been on soaps from the start, and we're only hearing about it due to Deadline. I can't even imagine what the cast and crew are going through - their show is dying, has been dying for a long time, and they have to put up with so much harassment, knowing their main boss, who goes on about the show being a family, can't or won't care. What would Ted and Betty Corday say? 

I don't even want to speculate about which actor suffered what abuse. It's just devastating. 

• Members

It is intriguing that since the investigation was confidential, someone must have leaked the information to Deadline.  Hopefully, it does not bode well for Mr Alarr's future ability to manage his team that the reporter was able to gather information from multiple sources; including Sony, which seems to have been forced to reply once the allegations were leaked.

1. We have the "DoOL veteran" who said that he took the ball and ran with it,
  2. an additional "source" noted that he belittles people,
  3. a "longtimer" who said that everything he says is inappropriate,
  4. the other one who called it a frat house,
  5. then two additional sources are referenced with regard to his disrespectful directing style,
  6. the actor who was groped,
  7. and the one who wasn't given a proper sheet from the prop department. 
  8. additionally, two staffers brought up the missing HR issue
  9. and the two who leaked that they went to Corday directly with their complaints.

By my count, that is a dozen people who were willing to comment to Deadline.  For comparison, I went back to check the recent story about improprieties at CNN, a much larger production, and that story only had five sources.

Edited by j swift

• Members

Doesn’t Greg Meng work for Corday still?  Not DAYS, but Corday productions? He worked on the show under the tight production model, and I seem to recall the actors liked him/respected him.

Anybody making a television show in 2023 and having it described as a frat house/boys club environment should be long gone. When you add in all the other allegations it’s beyond horrific that he wasn’t terminated when the investigation was concluded. Also everyone that has speculated how little Ken has to do with the show has been proven correct!