DEADLINE: Days of our Lives Misconduct Investigation Against Co-EP Albert Alarr

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

This maybe an unpopular observation, but it is troubling to me to see social media accounts react to this story from an egocentric point of view.

E.G. - "I'm not going to watch this show!", "I'm going to sign a petition!", "I want the actors to address my concerns!", "Why won't the production listen to my outrage!"

It just makes me think, "this isn't about you" and "it didn't happen to you."  I understand that it triggers people in similar circumstances in their workplace.  But, I believe fans should try to be self-aware enough to be sympathetic without being performative for the purpose of engagement.

To me, it is disgraceful to the people who were actually harmed to try and make this situation about one's self.  It is not the ethical duty of the audience to boycott the production, because that will also hurt the creatives.  It is not the burden of those who were harmed to make public statements in order to mollify the viewers.  And, nobody outside the executives is personally responsible to make sure that justice prevails.  In fact, in my experience, we live in an unjust universe where everyone is not always punished for their behavior, and that is a reality that we cannot change.

This is an awful story that happened to people who we like and admire, but some fans on social media need some distance, in order to find a more respectful response.

Edited by j swift

• Members

Respectfully, did you lose a word? You didn't mean to say, "some* of the fans on social media ..." Or do you actually mean to indict all fans, even the ones who are being respectful & are being supportive even in the  heat of the moment?

Contacts

Twitter:  @PeacockTVCare

Facebook:  @PeacockTVCare

Instagram:  @Peacock

Another thing fans can do is report this to SAG-AFTRA. Here is the link to their contact page: https://sagaftra.org/contact-us1 ERROR

Correct: If you believe you have experienced workplace harassment or unlawful discrimination, call your union at (855) SAG-AFTRA/(855) 724-2387 and press 1.

Sign the Petition! https://chng.it/kZJTdDyW via @Change

Sony Corp. of America [email protected]

Erin Underhill, NBCU President, Universal Television twitter

@Petalumachick

Kelly Campbell is the NBCU President over PeacockTV! Twitter @kellycampbell

818 840 2069*

818 285 2821*

818 840 2069 record a msg.

818 295 2821 CORDAY'S SECRETARY*

*likely unmanned at weekend

Adding 2 emails that do not bounce. Correcting because the software eats the @ symbol. 

Doolcomments (at) dool.net
Kcorday (at) dool.net

Edited by Donna L. Bridges
contacts

• Members

Well, there is much we may never know for sure unless someone writes the book of it! But what I heard was that it was definitely Ari Zucker. We have to take what is heard with a grain of salt. 

And @Gina90

Someone at the studio who absolutely knows let me know that "Try to remember when you were young and beautiful." was NOT said to Ari. Now they declined to tell me who it is but that's okay. I appreciate quite enough that they made a point to tell me I had wrong info. That was really great of them. 

Now stand by for people to come point & say LOOK WRONG. After you pay attention to them you'll be free to continue your weekend.

Please register in order to view this content

more info

• Members

Days Of Our Lives’ Pauses Production Amid Controversy Over Albert Alarr Investigation

A rep for Peacock confirmed to Deadline that production on the long-running daytime drama has been suspended beginning Monday, July 30. For the moment, it’s for one week, I hear.

https://deadline.com/2023/07/days-of-our-lives-production-shutdown-controversy-albert-alarr-investigation-1235450738/

Edited by j swift

• Members

❝ As Deadline reported, about 30-40 people — primarily women — were interviewed in the investigation, which probed accusations of inappropriate comments and physical contact, including groping and forceful kissing, and revealed a toxic environment on the show that allegedly had been fostered by Alarr for years. ❞

• Members

Is it just me or is it interesting that this latest came from a Peacock rep & not from Ken!!

Okay, been talking to someone who periodically knows behind the scenes true stuff at DAYS & I have 3 things to pass on. 

1. Alarr's been doing this stuff for 8 years.

2. His casting couch  is legendary.

3. He is why we lost "Allie" so abruptly. 

I'm just sick at heart.