DEADLINE: Days of our Lives Misconduct Investigation Against Co-EP Albert Alarr

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Absolutely DISGUSTING. Albert Alarr has never been the producer I feel like was right for Days of Our Lives, however, I also feel like that set has been one of the most negative for many, many years. But that does not excuse Alarr's poor treatment of all. This set is toxic as f**k, and Alarr is producing it to be tha toxic, and it's unacceptable.

The fact Ken Corday allows this to happen is disgusting, and he is as guilty as Alarr. And Comcast/NBCUniversal has plenty of things in-place to ensure these things don't happen, so I'm wondering how/why this went under the radar, and if I were them, I'd step in where Sony Pictures Televison/Steve Kent will not.

Releasing Greg Meng was a mistake. He was an actors' producer, and I know several actors echo the sentiment that if Meng came back they would, too. There is a clear disconnect on that set with its talent, and the ever-revolving door of acting company. I mean, Nadia Bjorlin has been in and out so many times in the past almost ten-years, and that is very telling.

Plus, with certain actors, it was always believed they didn't want a regular status position... yet they take just that on another soap. It's so disheartening knowing what could have been happening... and he gets a slap on the wrist? Nah. FIRE HIM! Disgusting.

Good on both Ari & Martha for speaking out for themselves. That's amazing. Christopher Sean also liked a tweet of mine that stated if Meng were brought back cast would return. That's telling.

My thought was it was Martha Madison. Because, they tried firing her AND Brandon Beemer, but he did say he was sticking around because of his deal, and Madison returned some time later.

Edited by Liberty City

• Members

This blind item from Crazy Days & Nights is obviously about DAYS. I tend to think the vast majority of these blinds are made up, but I imagine there's a lot about this one that is sadly true:

"Want to keep working on this show? Do whatever the executive in charge says and turn a blind eye to what he does. Want to work on a different show, but the same field? Don't ever say anything bad about the executive. This former actress turned reality star got a stark reminder of that when she posted something negative to social media and took it down very quickly. Everyone covers for the executive. Does he have a casting couch? Yes. Does he sexually harass subordinates? Every single day. Does he care? No he does not. Despite what has been recently said about him, he knows his job is not in danger. He produces results and deals with talent and crew and gets it all done way under budget. He is a huge profit earner for the big company and everyone knows if this show goes down, the whole industry goes down. Thousands of people would be out of work. Thousands of high paying jobs gone in a flash. There was already one downturn. They don't want extinction. There are ancillary companies that only survive because of this industry. So, whatever pushback might be normal, is not so in this case. There is no independent third party to put pressure on the executive. There are no harsh words. The survival of so many rely on them being complicit in everything bad that occurs. Things are so complicit that reporting from specific publications choose to not even mention anything about bad things that go on, let alone things that are being reported in the past week. If they did, they would be writing their own pink slips, plus they would never be allowed to interview anyone from the show he controls. It is a fiefdom made for abuse and everyone watches it happen, but are only looking out for themselves."