DEADLINE: Days of our Lives Misconduct Investigation Against Co-EP Albert Alarr

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Webmaster

To emphasize my comment...

Any email sent to whoever is in charge of PR these days at DAYS, the press is required to CC Albert.

Never in my life did I ever expect to know the email address of an EP, much less be expected to email them about PR matters.

While I can guess or outright know the email addy's for the other EPs and writers, I never email them out of respect for the job of PR.

• Members

I assume this is why Alarr is still there and hasn't been at least suspended. Soap fans have agitated for new writing & production talent for years, and it's always been a lost cause. There's no talent pipeline and shows aren't going to take a chance with folks from a non-soap background. 

• Members

Okay, they don't have a public email per se. Instead they have a Get in Touch page to send them an email message or chat with a live agent from 9:00AM to 1:00AM ET. You can also reach them through direct message on social media at the accounts below:

• Webmaster

I have contacts at Peacock and their email addresses. My comment was just pointing out that when I want something from the show, whether it be an interview, a request for comment on a story, or anything related to the show, the press is required to CC Albert as of the closing of the show's PR department. Currently, the point of contact is someone who works directly for Albert.

• Members

Again, it's partly because veteran staff closely guard and protect these cushy positions for themselves or their friends or relations. (I'm not condemning them for this in any way or questioning their talent, but one example of a family pipeline is the Cullitons and Claire Labine.)

GH has picked up some new talent, particularly talent of color, in the last decade BTS. But I think they also cut a few of them very recently.

And the less said about the last tatters of the soap press which happily regurgitate press releases, pointedly ignore any scandals (I'll never forget when they haughtily threatened to name a fairly well-known abusive actor at an ABC soap in the early 2000s while complaining only in a blind item) because it's for 'the good of the soaps' and then act like they're so cool showing out only on Twitter while they're barely making rent, the better. Yes, that includes Soap Opera Digest and what was Soap Opera Weekly. No, I am not going to hear excuses for them. From anyone.