DEADLINE: Days of our Lives Misconduct Investigation Against Co-EP Albert Alarr

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

BTW, I read speculation that the "haircut" story is attributed to Brandon Beemer.  Which would make sense given that he's been on recurring and may have gotten a haircut outside of production between episodes without seeking approval.  His hair notably changed between Bo's shooting and Shawn's return to Salem.  Also, on his social media, he is currently vacationing on Cote De'Azure while the rest of the cast has returned from hiatus.  And, given the speculation about his co-star Martha wiping her socials of mentions of DAYS, it all fits.

Edited by j swift

• Members

This is not a new story and it's not one that will go away because it's never taken seriously. It's always hidden away and TPTB will ignore what's happening until it goes public. The problem is so many media outlets also protect the offenders. Is Soap Opera Digest really going to post an in-depth story about "misconduct" on a set? They want access to the show, so they let it slide. 

I don't think it was just men who did these things. Wasn't JFP accused of similar things? Didn't Kari Wuhrer sue her and the network?

• Members

Well, I think of Paul Rauch & of Joe Stuart & they are men. And Wuhrer did have a lawsuit, but I've never heard anyone accuse Jill of inappropriate language or anything sexual at all. Now she might have made the workplace uncomfortable for some people, sure, if for no other reason because she fired 11 people. But nothing like this that I know of, anyway. 

• Members

from People Magazine, January 2006:

"[Kari] was told by a producer of the show that the writers had refused to accommodate her pregnancy and that she was dismissed because of it. " And Kari is not the only one who believes this to be true – another GH actress, Lesli Kay, says that she was fired for the same reason, and will be testifying against ABC. They believe that there is an "anti-pregnancy attitude on ABC soap operas and that actresses on the daytime programs are left with the choice to either terminate their pregnancies or lose their jobs….Even one whiff that an actress on an ABC daytime soap has conceived a child is enough to have her character killed off the show,"

Edited by j swift

• Webmaster

Behind on things, but I finally did my article on the matter and I included this part:

Additionally, the show’s in-house PR department was laid off at the end of June, leaving all inquiries by the press to be handled by those close to Alarr, with all email inquiries about the show to include a CC to Alarr as well.

https://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2023/07/turmoil-behind-the-scenes-days-of-our-lives-co-ep-albert-alarr-investigated-misconduct

The claim was budget, but Alarr is raking in millions a year as co-ep and director, so...

• Members

Thank you for this! I remember now that there was a big controversy about JFP firing pregnant actresses. Laura Bonarrigo Koffman was also hired fired during her pregnancy. It's insane to me the amount of horrifying behavior that goes on, and it never ends. Arianne Zucker had to put up with the former president and her workplace? Just despicable and that press release is an insult. They need to clean house at DAYS and get rid of everyone who allowed this harassment to go on for years.

• Members

While I am not surprised this behavior is going on because let’s be honest this is Hollywood, I am surprised that it has been tolerated so long. I have only been watching the show for the last 20 years however I am sure taking a poll from the fan base as a whole we could all mention a moment when we thought the show was horrible or changes need to be made. That being said after reading the article and realizing the time frame, these last 5-6 makes a lot more sense has to why this show has just went left and seems to be heading off the cliff at full speed. In the beginning I like a lot of people blamed everything on Ron and his writing and while he is not completely innocent in this, it is obvious this shows slow demise is based on the behavior on Alarr and Corday for that matter. The fact that this behavior is tolerated and Corday has been turning a blind eye to this is heartbreaking. After reading the section with the actress and the love scene, it makes me wonder about a lot of things. Camila is on her 3rd exit in 5 years I believe and it  seems like it might be due to Alarr’s behavior and she has been trying to find a different route to take but ending up coming back. Does she come back because maybe this Alarr pulls his weight and blocks her from getting other roles and she has no choice but to come back because she has to make a living?! The love scene with the actress mentioned in the article, the bravery of her to continue going and not leave the show in the dust and go public why she left is amazing to me. KA exit is reading more like Alarr behavior vs her wanted to do other things. If Corday wanted to show how much this show really means to him, he needs to clean house now and fire Alarr and all his little minions.