DEADLINE: Days of our Lives Misconduct Investigation Against Co-EP Albert Alarr

• Members

I keep seeing JFP being bandied about as his replacement. No fan of DAYS should want this. While she would certainly get rid of Ron, everything you love will be gone too.  All those vets? Kiss them goodbye. Expect deaths, breakups, propping, and worse. Will the show look better? Probably. Will the quality of the acting go up? Probably. Will she gut everything? Yes.

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

.. at this point, I would take that over Alarr any day, honestly. Give her a one-year opportunity. She brings high-stakes drama, and that is both a positive and negative. And the canvas needs that. The stakes presently are so mildly they could be blinked-and-missed. And she should pick the music up a bit; maybe those sex-sax sounds could be ditched. Jill Farren Phelps, from my point of view, is not a creative executive producer; she is a business executive producer, and I don't always see that as a negative; fans act from a personal point of view, and I do believe EPs shouldn't always be acting from a personal point of view. If I have found anything in my job, you cannot play things as personal. She has a track record of some successful recasts, as well, so we could see some solid arrivals coming into Days of Our Lives, and that would be exciting. She's made some great finds, as well. She found people like Jason Thompson & Dominic Zamprogna, and I can only imagine what she could bring into the fold. Imagine a blackout-type storyline on Days of Our Lives? It could work if done right... but she also needs the right writing team. I think if she had the right writing team behind her, she could do something worth while within a year's timeline.

Phelps' role on The Young and the Restless was to make the soap "financially feasible", and I do think she did that. again, I understand the hesitation of hearing/seeing Phelps' name, but I don't necessarily hate the idea. It is not who I'd genuinely want in the role, but I would welcome it. Hate to say it, but, at this point, anyone is better than Alarr.

My main hope is that they vet some qualified candidates, and names we've never seen before.

• Members

I don't know any new names except for two. Victoria Rowell & Alison Sweeney. Of course then one might also list Kimberly McCullough. And they may have producers in house that could be promoted. One, a director Sonia Blangiardo was behind "Tainted Dreams". 

Me, I just list Wendy Riche, the Jeromes, Greg Meng & Ellen Wheeler. 

• Members

I guess my question is why would JFP even want the job?  She's 73.  Days on streaming would have to seem like a bit of a step down from GH/Y&R with no budget and constant threat of cancellation.  Not to mention the employee morale issues.  Idk, regardless of what I think of her abilities, I don't see why she would want to do it at this stage of her life/career.  

• Members

It's the podcaster Buzz from Buzzcast who keeps saying it. A horde of people say NO WAY, of course. I am happy to join the horde. I just do NOT see it. 

Yes, she's 73 & WR is 78 & the Jeromes are equally ancient. But, I definitely believe Jill would want it, I am sure she'd rather be the savior of DAYS than be retired. 

• Members

I can’t imagine it being anyone not steeped in the current production model, so those two names and Gary Tomlin seem much more realistic than someone from the outside. And we already know Meng has good relationships with the cast.

Corday needs to realize this is not going away, and time will not make it cool down. I wish I could say I was shocked that Alarr is still employed but this is Ken Corday we are talking about. The fact that it appears to be a cultural issue means others need to be out as well.

• Members

Exactly! There has to be a coterie or a posse or an entourage. 

#SoapTwitter has a show blackout planned for tomorrow in the hope it will be dramatic for that many DAYS fans just not to talk about Monday episode. 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Donna L. Bridges

• Members

Oh, yeah, since I do not consider Jill a real threat I was able to laugh when the idea of FOJ recasts was floated. David Forsythe as John, Linda Dano of course as Marlena, Mark Derwin as Patch, Kale Brown as Roman, Larry Lau as Eric, Tim Gibbs as Brady, you get the idea. One realizes though how really male-oriented the FOJs are!