DEADLINE: Days of our Lives Misconduct Investigation Against Co-EP Albert Alarr

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Of course, if it were any other industry, the trade press would want to know what these women (and other executives) knew about Alarr's misdoings and when they knew it. I doubt we'll see any follow-up of that sort. 

Edited by teplin

• Members

I think co-EPs is an excellent idea. There really shouldn't be much business with Sony.  I just outlined what I would say is an overview. Obviously they are things many people are thinking, not in any way unique to me. 

1. The investigation should have been by a totally uninvolved party, not Sony.  

2. The recommendation should have been immediate termination, not a written reprimand & training. 

3. Follow-up investigation should be finding out who knew what when. Ideally that would be happening now. 

4. More firings.

5. Hire a full-time PTSD counselor & give them an office at the studio. 

And, new co-EPs would be named just as soon as people could be vetted & a decision made. 

I think the only thing tricky about "new co-EPs" is that their production model is so different. Nobody is 6 months out on taping but them. And, I don't think anyone else is doing 8 episodes in each week. But their whole staff is accustomed to it & the new guy/s would just learn quickly, on their feet. 

• Administrator

I don't believe Greg Meng is a production-producer though.  I believe he was money-producer on the business side of things.  When Greg was a Co-EP, Noel Maxam, Lisa De Cazotte and Albert Alarr were also Co-EPs.  I'd say just promote Janet and let her be Co-EP to run the day-to-day operations.   Then promote Randy Dugan from Producer to Supervising Producer, Sara McCormick from Associate Producer to Producer, and someone from the production staff to Associate Producer.  No need to bring any from the outside. 

• Members

I agree - with DAYS having such a tight budget and slightly oddball production model, I don't see them bringing in someone from the outside unless they all of a sudden decides to up the budget in a significant way (which won't happen - the only reason it survives is because it produces so much content for Peacock at a cheap price). I also don't really see any experienced outside producers wanting to deal with DAYS's production model and pocket change budget.

Edited by te.

• Members

The production value has gone down since its move to Peacock. What happened to the extra money? The show looks like its produced by General Dollar, Dollar Tree and Family Dollar.

The wardrobe budget comes from the dollar stores too. Everything worn is so hideous.