DEADLINE: Days of our Lives Misconduct Investigation Against Co-EP Albert Alarr

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Wow this is appalling, disgusting to read…how is Alarr still even employed? Combine that with Ron Carlivati’s toxic writing, no wonder the show keeps sinking.

I’m glad Deadline covered this well though given the soap press is almost nonexistent these days. 

And where is Corday on this? Ken was always front and center doing damage control during the debacles of Langan, JER 2.0, Sheffer, Thomas/McPherson, and Josh Griffith tenures I wonder if he’s just stopped caring and just tired of trying anymore. Old Ken would’ve fired Alarr and solely placed the blame of bad quality on Alarr while also sharing his latest plan to save Days to the soap press. 

https://www.thewrap.com/lisa-rinna-director-albert-alarr-misconduct-allegations/

• Members

There's definitely still time for him to do this. 

Lisa Rinna and however many sources for Deadline can beat that drum and get Alarr fired.

And I concur about everyone wondering why Greg Meng hasn't been brought back on immediately. He was very well liked by the cast.

This whole story is so strange to me because DAYS has long had a reputation for being a decent set, not as easy going as B&B, but not a bunch of drama like like GH and Y&R

• Members

A despicable read from top to bottom. Is it possible the actress in the vile love scene part of the article is Linsey Godfrey? I know she's not the correct age cited here but maybe they're further protecting her identity. She was abruptly fired and Sarah shipped off to an island and then brought back on contract 10 months later, only to be abruptly written out again and booted to recurring a year after that. That timeline roughly matches the description in the article.

Edited by alexisfan07

• Members

As the Deadline article mentions, it's perplexing how a genre that primarily targets women viewers is almost completely run by toxic men.

I watched DAYS regularly for many years, but I gave it up about six months ago. All the mask wearing, constant comings back from the dead, way too many Dimeras and almost no Hortons now, amongst other things finally turned me off. I liked RC writing for the most part the first few years, but towards the end of my viewing I felt like I was watching more of a DAYS "fan fiction show" versus something professionally written. The show just got more and more preposterous and wasn't relatable anymore.

• Members

@DRW50 Agreed, I feel like it is just as unfair to burden actors with making a statement about this case which may affect their workplace relationships as it to judge those who will continue to work under these conditions.

@1974mdp Regardless of the history of women as writers and producers in the genre, there have always been men at the various networks, production houses, and promotional agencies who misused their authority to hinder the creative and managerial decisions of the soaps.

Also, @te. I know you're simply noting the traction that the story has received, but it is evidence of the disgraced nature of the soap press that most outlets have simply culled the original Deadline article, no other "journalist" has sought additional sources or done any original reporting on this story for almost 24 hours.

Edited by j swift

• Members

As much as people like to think that anything changed with MeToo and the likes, you can bet that any actor that goes publically and against the grain will be labeled "problematic" behind the scenes and even if Alarr goes there will still be people there that will be disgruntled by his firing in the upper echelons. I don't blame any actor for not speaking out no matter what "clout" they have as all of them have been fired at one point or another.

• Members

At least four of the dozen sources in the Deadline article were said to be established or long term actors.  We can have fun trying to guess their identity.  But, one can safely assume that they remained anonymous due to concerns about the vindictive nature of their managers.  Validating the argument, that there is no moral objective for actors to make a statement either on social media or in the press.

• Members

WHY is this man still employed? Come on, Ken Corday, step up and fire this toxic man. On top of it all, Alarr has all this power and current Days is the product that he puts out??? I credit the actress who said F you to him. I hope that someone said to him that you're concerned about my hair but yet you put this crap product out as a show? There are bigger issues here than someone's haircut.

• Members

Yep, now that it's reached proper mainstream coverage beyond industry press I can't see how they can keep him. I get the feeling that the reason the PR team was fired wasn't as much for budget reason but that Alarr wanted to keep track of this story potentially leaking.