DEADLINE: Days of our Lives Misconduct Investigation Against Co-EP Albert Alarr

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

a360 is the rebrand of AMI, but David Pecker hasn't been the CEO since 2020.

That being said, I don't think ownership, or any grand conspiracy, is to blame as much as ad sales.  SOD is dependent on the networks to buy ads, so that they can advertise something other than creepy dolls, vinyl handbags, and commemorative plates.

It is the exact same issue as how the trades are skewing the coverage of the strike in order to please the studios that buy ads in their papers and websites.

Edited by j swift

• Members

Thank you for the information. I am now suitably furious with their website. Both companies appear on the same screen but it looks like the wrong one is the owner/publisher & the right one looks like something to do with their advertising. 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Hilarious. I had to get a Y&R fan to get it for me. The tweeter is someone who many people have blocked & they themselves have many people blocked. (It's a thing with *certain* John & Marlena fans.) Some of us consider blocking & being blocked by that individual a badge of honor. I'm sure that's TMI. 

• Members

Oh I see I didn't need to post that tweet at all.  The tweet showed the new picture and also linked to the website that has this photo.  I don't know what was in the ig story back in February, but this is an actual spoiler pic.
@Errol
Judi Evans in the sparkly wardrobe and the sort-of-Bowie hairstyle
Spoiler pic via soapoperaNews.net for episode #15657 (August 10)

Please register in order to view this content

Source:
https://www.soapoperanews.net/2023/08/days-of-our-lives-sneak-peek-pictures.html

Edited by janea4old

• Webmaster

Yes, I have that photo. That's what I was referring to about confirming the Judi situation before I reported. I've since gotten direct confirmation from a few sources that the Deadline piece was about her even though the photo was coming out this week due to spoilers.

Correct.

The shows see SOD as the primary method in which soap actors will ever see themselves on the front page of a print magazine and are looking to preserve it for as long as they can.

To do this, they give preferential treatment to the publication, particularly regarding exclusives and interviews. I can't fault either party in that game, as we'd all do it, too, if we were in their shoes.

My issue, however, is that until more recently, the shows have treated online outlets as afterthoughts, especially the ones who were in charge of As The World Turns, Guiding Light, All My Children and One Life to Live. To them, online didn't deserve any attention because, at the time, SOD and the twin SID magazines were king. If they only embraced online sooner, I wouldn't doubt at least one of the four would still be on today.

Now the twin SID mags are gone while the domain remains, primarily featuring articles from posted items on Instagram and stuff from Soap Opera Digest, which ironically is owned by the same company that now owns Soaps In Depth -- a360media. Hey, it makes money. I know that for a fact. If this site survives on what it survives on (not including Message Boards), SID's site probably makes 50x more per month based on traffic data.