DEADLINE: Days of our Lives Misconduct Investigation Against Co-EP Albert Alarr

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

As a black person, I am SUPER offended by his statement. In no way shape or form is race needed or important to this situation. Since he wants to point out he is the only black director or EP in soaps, perhaps he should have taken the opportunity more seriously and left his misogynistic narcissist ways at the door and instead he wouldn’t be another unemployed black man.

• Members

So, Alarr will sue Corday Inc. 

He will have his own account & he till try to get cronies to testify for him. No idea if they will vanish or stick. 

Corday inc. will have the 2-month report which interviewed 30+ people. The SAGAFTRA reports from this week. Testimony they might get from cast or crew. Examples of fan reaction online. 

Surely with that Corday Inc. would fight instead of settle. 

Anyway, that's how I hope it would stack up. 

I have one question. I'm not sure where the 2 million figure came from. Seems so high. Was that confirmed? 

• Members

Personally I don’t think it will stick. If anything I am sure he making all this noise because he didn’t think he would be fired. Looking at his resume, he has only been working in soaps and with it only being 4 soaps left he is not looking good to go knock on the other 3 soaps doors asking for a job. Knowing Corday tried to keep all this under the rug until Deadline and days fans was dead on his neck, he will try to settle this quietly too. 

• Members

He did direct one movie. A Crystal Chappell project, "A Million Happy Nows" is its title I think. Going on memory. But that is nit picking. They are soap actors, so his career is still "just soaps". I think you're right that any new job is going to be an impossibility for him. Who would hire someone with this kind of public reputation? Maybe their brother-in-law? LOL 

• Members

RavenWhitney replied with a clarification and a list a link for WGA-east
On this post 
https://boards.soapoperanetwork.com/topic/65042-deadline-days-of-our-lives-misconduct-investigation-against-co-ep-albert-alarr/?do=findComment&comment=1865701

Too big for me to quote. And yes thank you, @RavenWhitney . I had missed that list until today!
The datestamp of the sourcecode of the
WGA-E's  fi-core page looks like it was updated (or at least edited) June 19, 2023.

WGAW (WGA-West) fi-core list:
(last update July 26, 2023)
https://www.wga.org/members/membership-information/wgaw-financial-core-list

Going back to the original conversation - Sonja Alarr is *NOT* on either the East or West list, so presumably she is striking?  Since she's not on the ficore list, she could have been writing credited scripts up until the strike began.  
But thankfully she won't be on set anymore.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

I don’t think it will go to court well maybe civil but as mad as Alarr wants to pretend to be he would have to realized he really has more to lose than Corday. All of this is because of HIS actions. Yes Corday went along with it but Corday has more sense and more money to fight more than Alarr can. From the articles and posts, everyone is complaining about him. As for the 25 cast members that sign the petition, they wouldn’t have to worry about being made public unless someone leaked their names or they said so themselves. 

• Webmaster

From what I have seen (external to what is already public), I do not doubt he will sue. Won't elaborate but it's ironic he fired the DAYS PR team considering he himself has retained a consulting firm focused on communications counsel and crisis management.

No crime was alleged nor committed in the legal sense, as no charges were brought against him. When he sues, it'll be civil.