DEADLINE: Days of our Lives Misconduct Investigation Against Co-EP Albert Alarr

• Members

Let’s Go!!!! I hope one of the first things Janet does is help bring in some help for the cast and crews mental health. Dealing with abuse and toxicity like this can be very devastating to one’s mental health. Just help bring back some trust to the studio and reach out to past cast members who left or were fired because of that jerk. Unfortunately we the fans have to wait until all of the episodes and SLs Alarr influenced plays out until Janet’s influence comes through. But if the cast and crew can work hard together with Janet and bright back the light and freshness to the show it will be well worth the wait.

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

To be fair, the other person they named might not have wanted to take in reigns after the Alarr mess, plus might not have the pull with not only the on-set cast/crew and but the other backstage people. Janet Spellman-Drucker seems like a good choice since she's been with the show for so long. I look forward to seeing what she can bring on air.

• Members

WGA has listed any writers who went fi-core. She was not one of them. I wasn't suggesting she was out of a job. They couldn't fire her for his actions, and can't fire her during the WGA strike. I just meant that currently, they are down to 0 "Days" paychecks. So, for the 20 years of abuse he put the cast and crew through, it's a nice thought to end the week.

Edited by JAS0N47

• Members

THANK YOU, "DAYS" FANS!

Please register in order to view this content

Thank you to everyone who took a moment and made phone calls and emails this week. Thank you for showing your love and support for the cast & crew of "Days of Our Lives." Thank you to Corday Productions, NBC and Peacock for listening to the "Days" family and making a positive change. Monday begins a new chapter of "Days of Our Lives" and I look forward to what lies ahead for the show as we inch closer to its 60th anniversary!

I figured they updated the list as quickly as possible, to make sure all WGA writers know who is going to scab. I assume the two "Days" writers who are already fi-core will still be writing during the strike, but the show won't list any names. I expect the script writers to start disappearing from the credits around mid-late November, and then the breakdown writers will start disappearing in early-mid December. And then Ron & Ryan's names will be removed around Christmas Day.

Edited by JAS0N47

• Webmaster

While Sonia has produced her own original series, "Tainted Dreams," she's mostly been a director. It's possible Ken Corday wanted to save money by giving Janet one title and not both. Allegedly, Alarr was making about $2 million a year in his dual role. I'm sure Janet is a LOT cheaper.

• Members

Do you think they will be stuck continuing paying him money per his contract? 

It's a fresh start to the new year (2024). The show just happens to also be wrapping up Ron's material as head writer, so around the same time as Janet takes over on Monday, they will also be starting the scab scripts, which should start airing just before or after Christmas Day.

• Members
VARIETY'S REPORT:

Albert Alarr Out at ‘Days of Our Lives’; Janet Drucker Elevated to Co-Executive Producer

By William Earl

Albert Alarr is out as executive producer of NBC’s long-running soap opera “Days of Our Lives” after a 20-year tenure as a director and producer for the show. His exit follows a misconduct investigation by “Days” producer Sony Pictures Television.

Janet Drucker, a veteran producer who has been with “Days” since 1984, has taken on his duties for leading the production of the daytime serial.

Edited by Toups
Posted full article

• Members

*WGA-West* listed any/all of their writers who have gone fi-core - if you look closely at their page it says "WGAW" at the top of the ficore list on the current website.
*WGA-East* supposedly doesn't normally reveal their writers who go fi-core. According to what Variety said in 2008, the only reason we know who from East went fi-core in 2007-2008 is that they were outed in a letter. 
That is my understanding - I detailed what I mean about that at this post on the strike thread:
https://boards.soapoperanetwork.com/topic/62620-2023-writers-actors-strike-thread/?do=findComment&comment=1865104

But I don't want to derail this "Alarr finally fired" discussion! Celebrating that he's gone!

Edited by janea4old

• Webmaster

This is why I'm not too fond of the mainstream press sometimes. Don't do any real research, make mistakes (Albert wasn't the executive producer, and Sony isn't the producer of DAYS), and write short enough articles that include just enough bits and pieces that help pass as if they are covering a story...not to mention only covering it when it's all over.

• Members

I always thought that was the full list. I think Jeanne Ford lives in Maryland, so I always thought she would be WGAE, like the Cullitons. Yet Ford is listed on the fi-core list of the WGAW list. That's why my assumption has always been it's the full list of the entire WGA fi-core. Unless I am totally wrong, I just thought WGAE were for writers who lived in the eastern half of the US, and WGAW was for writers who lived in the western half of the US.

• Webmaster

As I said elsewhere, news dump Fridays exists for a reason. Haha. I figured he'd be fired by today as well as there is just no way he could continue in the job on Monday with the cast and crew against him. I just didn't think it would drop at 8:00 p.m. pacific time.