DEADLINE: Days of our Lives Misconduct Investigation Against Co-EP Albert Alarr

• Webmaster

Sony investigated after a complaint was filed in March because DAYS itself doesn't have an HR department to handle such matters, and the current owner of the show's studio space doesn't have anything to do with it.

Despite conducting the investigation, I do agree with @dragonflies. Do they even care? Doing their job (investigating) doesn't necessarily mean they care to do anything about it, hence why it's shocking the final report didn't come out and still hasn't come out.

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Which is why this continues to go on at these shows. Few are left who know how to maintain this kind of production cycle, and few new people are allowed to be trained or cultivated in writing or production if they're not close friends or family (because these are in fact seemingly very lucrative positions for a creative in the post-Netflix era, and the existing veterans want to preserve their own income), and then the networks or owners don't care about the soaps at all beyond them filling a timeslot. So we have this.

• Members

I mean, one of the actresses is blatantly Camila Banus, so that's hardly hard to guess considering she's more or less walked twice now. I wonder if this is why Kristian Alfonso also took the opportunity to leave abruptly post-covid.

• Members

I think it's pretty natural to want to make sense of stuff like this, especially when we see these people on our screens every day. And there's a relatively respectful way to speculate without being crass ourselves, tagging actors in tweets, etc. So I hear you!

• Webmaster

Per the story, NBC previously handled HR when the network owned the show's studio space. It seems that HR matters reverted to Sony when NBC sold the lot and it became Burbank Studios. Otherwise, nope. Not usual not to have HR but I think it mostly depends on the size of the company. B&B and DAYS are the only shows not wholly owned by a major studio/network, so it's not surprising either of them wouldn't have their own HR departments as I'm pretty sure CBS handles B&B's HR matters leaving DAYS to rely on Sony.

• Members

Okay, that makes sense. Unfortunately my impression is that Ken Corday is your basic bump on a log. 

Sarah Joy Brown has been trying to get someone to do something about a director who assaulted her, where that director is now up on a big movie, or was before the strike. She hasn't even been able to get a reporter interested, I don't think. 

It's just a crying shame how much this crapola goes on. 

• Members

I wish they hadn't included such specific details about the actress with the sheet incident. She is a victim and now sees it in print. The could've done a better job of cloaking better.

Hollywood enables exactly the kind of behavior it claims to abhor yet they're never really held accountable. There's far too many instances of bullying, sexism, ageism, toxic work environments, harassment, etc. Awful. I feel really bad for the cast and crew. They already have to do some much with so little.