2023 Writers + Actors Strike Thread

• Members

In this day and age of streaming TV and less and less eyeballs watching network television live, isn't the 55+ demographic finally being sought after more so than ever since statistically they are the demo most likely to watch network television live as it airs?  All the more reason why the remaining soaps have a chance to make it through this. 

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It's long past time for the Consumer Cellular Generation to rise up and save network TV.

When you say DAYS is doing well on "The Cock," is that really saying much, considering how poorly the rest of its' offerings seem to be doing?

Edited by Khan

• Members

Let's not forget, she openly admitted to being fired by Brad Bell at B&B (I still wonder what led to that), and then her consulting return at Y&R with Sally SUCKman Morina was another cluster that was doomed to begin with. At this point, her fond memories of working on these shows are probably too far in the past and not enough to come out of retirement for. 

• Members

that’s my generation (though i have xfinity wireless:). and it’s not going to happen if reality, game, and true life crime shows continue to dominate the schedule. yes, they’re cheap to produce, but i have absolutely no interest in watching.

Edited by wonderwoman1951

• Members

I'm finding it difficult to reconcile how I feel about actors posting pics of walking the picket line on social media.  Instagram is rife with ambiguity.  On the one hand, I applaud their support of the union; on the other, it seems self-serving to attract more followers by being performatively virtuous.  It makes it challenging to interpret their intentions.

• Members

A surprising front page Vulture article with daytime writers (featuring, yes, Ron). @DRW50

Remember to use Incognito mode or archive.is to bypass the paywall.

This being mainstream media, of course, they get a few things wrong. Ron was not heading OLTL in 2013. I also have zero recollection of the event Cascio mentions. Could it have been Britt on GH? She 'faked' pregnant at one point.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I didn't write it, don't look at me. What is essential knowledge is that daytime is one of the last bastions of dependable writing income in the current industry conditions.

Edited by Vee

• Members

@Vee They include a clip from the GH story. I didn't have the stomach to watch it but other fans may remember it more. If that's the best example they could come up with for the brilliance of daytime writers that scabs can't replicate, they aren't making much of a case to their readers.

I am confused as to why there was no mention of Y&R firing most or all of its writers in preparation for a strike. Isn't that more relevant than giving Ron a long, sloppy one (presumably due to him being the only major writer who was willing to go on the record)?

Still, at least they covered the topic.