2023 Writers + Actors Strike Thread

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Michael Confronti was last at The Young and the Restless from 2012–2023. I do not believe he is presently employed by another soap. He has experience at General Hospital and worked during the Guza era. While Guza's tenure was inconsistent, he and his team were at least able to construct a storyline, so that could benefit the overall General Hospital canvas, especially since he's fi-core. Tomlin, however, is the obvious choice.

• Webmaster

I'm unsure if he'd return or be asked to return since he worked under Jill Farren Phelps and went with her to The Young and the Restless after Ron Carlivati took over as Head Writer. We shall see. Speaking of Y&R, it and DAYS are currently the safest in terms of writing as Josh Griffith already went fi-core during the last strike and he let go all the breakdown writers so he's essentially already doing the work himself. And Days of our Lives is so far ahead that Dinosaurs have already been resurrected as the dominant species on Earth (Humans are just picketing in front of Hollywood studios to pass their day).

• Members

Days would be smart to just ride it out and film what is written then take a break. It would be silly to have someone else take over and disrupt the show when they’re already so far ahead. Unless of course it lasts too long and they begin to run out of scripts. 

Y&R will likely not look any different. JG is used to stretching things out so he will likely not have any problems telling the same full stories. 

B&B and GH are the ones I’m interested in seeing. The GH writers tend to stretch things out so I’m curious to see what a different voice would do with those characters. And of course on B&B we know how lazy Brad Bell is. The last strike was so refreshing with Kay Alden writing. I hope whoever takes over will give us something interesting to look at. This has been an awful year for them with very little happening. The show couldn’t be worse, so I’m hoping for another boost of energy like Alden gave them last time. 

• Members

I'm in the WGA. I don't want to be out of work, but we need this strike. It's become almost impossible, with all the loopholes and trickery the studios have been using, to string together enough work to live even a very regular middle-class life in Los Angeles.

• Webmaster

I heard about this yesterday. No matter what people say about the man and the Tonight Show feud between him and David Letterman, he's just an all around nice guy. I wasn't much of a fan of his show, but I'd take him back any day compared to the replacements.

The terminology might need some tweaking, but yes, Days will truly be there for all of our lives. Not sure if everyone would want that hanging over their shoulders for the rest of their lives, but it'll be there.