2023 Writers + Actors Strike Thread

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Webmaster

I can only say that GH and all of the other soaps have extensive pre-written scripts that will allow them to withstand this strike far longer than they did the last strike before "scab" writers were eventually utilized. As for shutting down GH, I guess I gotta get in my car and drive down to Prospect...

• Members

It's a shame they had to get that little dig in at GH still being on the air, which has nothing to do with the point they're trying to make. It's that longevity which for many years helped keep the TV industry going.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

well looked at her imdb and the only thing I saw she was in was Super 8

she seems to write, direct & act in alot of her own creations

I find it funny that GH has been taping  all along and now WGA gets them to shut down

I dont think she has any ide what she is talking about

• Members

oh 100%

You'd think someone in the WGA would know what Fi-Core status is

Writers with Fi-core status are not scabs.

Its an option that WGA allows it members. It still makes them pay dues. WGA still gives them benefits. Fi-core can write during strikes They cannot vote on WGA matters or hold WGA office. If WGA is so aganist Fi-core, why offer it?

Edited by John

• Members

WGA, doesn't have a choice. A 1963 Supreme Court ruling established that workers can not be compelled to join a union as a condition of employment, but they still can be compelled to pay their share of dues aka Fi-Core.  Any business that is unionized, a worker can chose to go Fi-Core if they want to. We just hear about it mostly with the entertainment industry.  In fact that original SCOTUS ruling was a case between General Motors vs the UAW. If unions had their way, that SCOTUS ruling would be overturned and going Fi-Core wouldn't be allowed.