2023 Writers + Actors Strike Thread

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I just read that the Wednesday deadline will not be extended again.

It’s definitely going to be tough but I hope the writers don’t give in and not just as a matter of principle. They should also be engaging those in media who have expansive platforms and who are sympathetic to their cause, or at least those who claim to be. 

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

That's a silly take on the situation

For anyone who is as uninformed in statistics as that person, if the average is 40K, that means for every actor making over 1 Million a year, there are thousands making below the poverty level, and current streaming services want to restrict residuals which are the most common source of income for actors.

Feel free to mock collective bargaining, but I believe laborers in any job have the civil right to fair compensation.

Edited by j swift

• Members

From what I understand, actors/performers can do music videos, educational videos, and commercials during this strike.

It seems that the sticking point in these talks with both unions are AI and residuals over content being played on streaming platforms.  Previous strikes involved residuals from reruns, home video, DVD, so now streaming platforms is the next thing.   And AI is a scary thing so good on both unions.