WTGH

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Perfume: The Story of a Murderer

wp_800x6001.jpg

Probably no one has ever heard of it, so that it's my honor to introduce it. Although due to some nakedness this film is unlikely to find it's way to US theatres, according to IMDB.com it does have a release on December 27 - thanks to Dreamworks.

If you do not want to wait, you know where to go on the web... ;)

So what am I bubbling about? An excellent film after a bestselling German novel of the same name.

Forget Ron Howard's fucked-up DaVinci-Code and get ready for a real adaptation (take a look Mr. Howard) of a fascinating book.

Great script, great directing, great music, brilliant cast - the most expensive European film ever.

http://film.virgin.net/player/play.asp?url...gin&sec=trl

Unfortunately I couldn't find a better trailer right now but the film is worth watching - even for the let's say bizarre ending.

• Members

I saw "All the King's Men" Friday night. Unless you grew up in the Louisiana area hearing the legends of Huey Long, you probably won't get it. The national reviews are pretty bad, and I can understand why. They claim that Sean Penn "overacted" his character, but that's just it - he didn't. Watch a Huey Long speech and you'll see that Sean Penn really nailed it, IMO.

• Members

Profondo Rosso a.k.a. Deep Red

An Italian slasher movie from 1976. An American musician witnesses the murder of a psychic and decides to investigate with the help of a reporter. This is a classy, suspenseful, and somewhat gory movie. I don't reccommend this to anyone who has a short attention span, but it's well worth it.

• Members

"The Butcher's Wife"

158303.jpg

CIN01203_C051.jpg

The Butcher's Wife (1991)

A clairvoyant named Marina (Demi Moore) thinks she's met her husband-to-be (George Dzundza) because she's seen him in her dreams. They marry quickly, and return to the husband's ("the butcher"), home in the city. She has a big impact on everyone she meets by anticipating their questions and actions and advising them on their love life. Her interference then brings her into contact with the real man of her dreams (Jeff Daniels).

-imdb.com

It was a cute movie but the ending was a little too perfect. I'd watch it again because it can be a cute romantic dramedy, but...hmmm...I can't explain it. Thoughts?

• Members

I watched Lucky Number Sleven and loved it. It's a bit weird like The Sixth Sense and doesn't really connect in plot but the acting is supurb and the story held my attention. I gave it five stars although 4 1/2 would have been more like it.

Also, for the very first time ever, I watched a Janette Oakes story, Love Comes Softly, and it was so good that I want to buy the DVD. The sort of fairytale love that is simply endearing and pure. It got five stars from me, too and deserved ten in my view.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I saw Little Miss Sunshine last night.

It was one of the best movies I have seen in awhile. Some parts of it were very funny but I appreciate this movie more for its script than is comedy. There was even some parts of it that made me want to cry.

The cast is great Steve Carrell is great playing the uncle. I thought this movie showed a different side of his acting that I am not used to.

I would recommend this movie highly and I think almost everyone will enjoy it.

• Members

It's October, which means horror movies. The classic Halloween was the last one I saw. Even after almost twenty years, it still has an effect on people, which proves you don't need tons of gore and nudity to creep people out.