What Are You Listening To?

WTGH

• Members

The Beach: Ehh, it was okay. I don't like really the kind of story that it focused on, like where someone wants to get away from the "evils" of society and get to a perfect place. I don't think I realized that's what it was about until I started watching it. Leo was okay, and I wasn't familiar with anybody else in it and wouldn't take the time to look them up.

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Been on a movie watching binge lately:

Sugar (okay but not a great movie)

Luster (not a great movie either but okay)

Yogi & Jasser (not very good at all)

John Tucker Must Die (very good)

Dreamer (one of the best movie's I've seen in awhile)

Masquerade (one of my favorite B movie thrillers of all time)

It's A Wonderful Life, Little Women, & Miracle on 34th Street (my 3 favorite holiday movies)

I saw 2 other movies that were okay but I can't remember the titles.

One was about a gay guy who goes to work at a restaurant and falls in love with his boss who is married. And another was a comedy about a gay actor in the 1950's who has to get married to keep his fans from finding out he is gay.

• Members

Little Miss Sunshine-really enjoyed it! Abigal Breslin really is the screen stealer in this movie! :)

ETA: Also saw The Holiday yesterday...love Cameron Diaz, Jack Black and Kate Winslet so of course I loved it! Jude Law was also really good in this film. Loved the ending!

Edited by Laurie

• Members

The Devil Wears Prada: TOTALLY different from the book.

IIRC, there isn't an annoying, guilt-tripping boyfriend in the novel. The friends really brought down the movie. I didn't like the "selling your soul to fashion" tone.

Stanley Tucci's character should be a hip young guy.

I wish they had done the sequence when they're unwrapping Miranda's Christmas gifts and sending out bottles of wine to everyone.

Meryl Streep, Hathaway and Emily Blunt are great. So is the fashion.

United 93: Phenomenal. Amazing. Fantastic.

Edited by WorldTurnsatGH

• Members

Pirates of the Caribbean 2: Dead Man's chest It was alright but there was too much Keira Knightley in it. She looked like a frog or fish when she was trying to seduce and kiss Jack at the end. I seen another of her movies about King Arthur and she makes the weirdest faces when she is doing a love scene. Totally distracting froggy looking. :blink::lol:

Over the Hedge Very cute. :)

Xmen 3: The Last Stand I liked this one but I wanted to get to know Angel. He was really a blink and you will miss him character. And I was floored when I recoginized McSteamy from Grey's Anatomy as the guy that could make multiple copies of himself. :lol:

• Members

Yeah. The writing was the weak point there. By the time they checked into their 6th Homeless Shelter, I was done. The story dragged and dragged and dragged and dragged, and then the ending came out of no where. It was not a feel good movie, at all. I felt like there was no pay off.

• Members

Got company and we have been on a Movie watching binge. Some I have seen before and some not:

Leaving Metropolis

Fat Albert

Coach Carter

Anapolis

Cars

Glory Road

Regarding Henry

North Country

Hitch

The Ringer

Tonight is Poker Night but do plan on all of us watching Eight Below at some point

Edited by SteveFrame

• Members

I love that movie! Toni Collette and Rachel Griffiths are just great together, and ya, ABBA is a bonus. :)

I always thought that if that movie had been made in America it would have starred Juliette Lewis and Ricky Lake..... :lol::lol:

Just watched Frida, finally, being that she is one of my fav artist, and I adore Salma...... the movie was GREAT! Very true to her life, altough her affair with N. Muray seems to have been casually left out :blink:

The director did a great job, very cool style and the movie length was just right....biopics can tend to be long and boring, but not this one....