What Are You Listening To?

WTGH

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Rented

Susanne's Dairy for Nikolas -good movie love Christina Applegate and Johnathon Schaeh together Didn't read the book though

Theatre- Catch and Release GREAT MOVIE Jen Garner has awesome chemistry with the whole cast something that is really rare in movies

Children of Men- Dark, gritty great cast fantastic movie deserved some award attention for Clive Owen IMO

Babel- Awesome movie loved the way the 3 stories intwined into one story woven prefectly

I plan on catching Notes on a Scandal, Epic Movie and Because I said So this weekend and next

Robert

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Marie-Antoinette. I really did not like this movie. It is very stylish but rather dull. With so much history, you would think Coppola would make this interesting. I loved her other films: Lost In Translation and The Virgin Suicides. She really missed the mark with this one. Not to mention that Marie-Antoinette had an American accent (supposed to be Austrian). The French barely spoke French.

Babel. Amazing movie. Out of the three Oscar movies I've seen (Babel, Departed, Little Miss Sunshine), this is hands-down the best one. The acting was inceredible. The whole vibe of the movie was moving, intense, sad and captivating. In all fairness, I have not seen the other two Oscar movies yet, but out of the 3 I saw, this should win the Oscar. JMO.

• Members

I've seen quite a few recently...

Dial M for Murder - Not one of Hitchcock's most popular, but I enjoyed it. I thought it was interesting that basically the same set was used for the entire movie.

The Most Dangerous Game - From 1932! lol. I knew the story and wanted to see how it turned out on the big screen. I thought it was okay, a little cheesy.

A Scanner Darkly - Ehhh. Not really sure why I watched this. This kind of movie (druggies wasting their lives) isn't really my thing. Interesing use of animation though.

Donnie Darko - Some people I know are crazy about this movie. I can't really agree with them. It's definitely a thinking movie. I understood it, but it really didn't do much for me.

• Members

Running With Scissors (loved it)

The Departed (strange ending, but great movie....loved the cast)

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (still a Val Kilmer fan)

American Dreamz (not so great but my 12 yo enjoyed it)

The Last Kiss (good movie)

We've all been sick at my house so thats basically all we've been doing is watching movies. :)