What Are You Listening To?

WTGH

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I've seen a few flicks lately so I thought I'd share.

Babel- Compelling, yet uneven, for the most part is a success. The actress who plays Keiko gives a fabulous, provocative performance, though her story was my least favorite. She plays a deaf mute and it's amazing to watch her convey the various emotions that's required of her character. Brad Pitt also is stellar in his part and Cate Blanchett is as good as her material will allow. I was most affected by the story of the Indian father & his two sons- that one packs quite a wallop.

Red Eye- Briskly paced at approximately 84 minutes, it's that rare thriller that holds your attention from beginning to end. Rachel McAdams & Cillian Murphy are absolutely brilliant and I loved the small-scale cast and how each minor character came into play. It falls apart a bit at the end but all in all, very enjoyable.

Stuck on You- Matt Damon & Greg Kinnear as adult siamese twins- you could see why I would think it's dumb. But surprisingly, the movie had a lot of heart and plenty of belly laughs to go along with it. Though the movie takes a melodramatic turn at the end, it manages to entertain and even endear these characters to the audience. Very well done.

• Members

I watched the British mini-series of Dr. Zhivago with Keira Knightley as Laurissa. It was super. Dr. Zhivago is my most favorite movie ever and this one kept the same tone, the feelings the warmth, the whole nine-yards. Great. Keira was a teen when she made that series and played Lara from 15 to about 35. The director was giving her great reviews on how well she carried the part and I totally agree.

• Members

The Break-Up: Not bad. Pretty good interaction between Vince and Aniston.

Superman Returns: Lex Luthor's evil plot doesn't really fit. Kate Bosworth is awkward as Lois Lane. But Brandon OWNS as the Man of Steel.

Edited by WorldTurnsatGH

• Members

"The Pursuit of Happyness"

Not bad. A little long, but I suppose everything that happened was important and pertinent to the story. Most touching scene was Will Smith and his son sleeping on a pile of toilet paper on the floor of a public restroom, when they're homeless. The tear that trickles down Will's face when somebody is banging on the door to get in... SO sad. Great acting.