The Young and the Restless: March 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

3-15

Not as good as the cliffhanger for B&B, but wow to seeing a scene between Victor and Devon that had some substance to them. I mean how often to they have scenes together...especially given their history when Devon was young.  And H#LL YES TO Victor/Devon vs Jill/Lily!!! If I thought they would give it time...and we would get more Jill, I would totally be down for that. And I hollered at Abby having such an Naked Heiress moment by her coming down those stairs while Victor was there.

Well, Adam shot himself in the foot with his gloating to Tucker. SMH.

See? I don't mind THIS Phyllis. The schemer. She's playing everyone like a fiddle and it's giving tension that was needed. The fact she did most of it without MS's normal tics is a bonus. And happy to see Lauren somewhat involved. 

I'm hoping this is leading to the anniversary because it felt like there was finally some movement again. 

• Members

IA that Bryton is a good actor, and when he gets material which allows him to do a slow build in terms of emotion, Bryton excels. It is also why he needs a firecracker upon which he can offset his more naturalistic style of acting. Obviously Hillary was that firecracker for a while.

My problem is more with Ordway who does try, but comes across as almost a fembot because the svripts give her the most generic dialogue imaginable. Abby has, as others have mentioned here, no personality other than the last names of her parents. I think back to that little girl with all that gumption who sat on Victor's lap, huffing "I OWN Jabot!' in her best Uncle-Jack voice, and I can't help but think what could have been! A born actress. A gossip. A dreamer. A mini-me of her sensitive, sophisticated mother. That's the route I thought Abby would go as she got older.

• Members

Today was a bit better! I ff’d much less 

Please register in order to view this content

Wow, Mishael Morgan is a breath of fresh air and energized all her scenes.

This is the first I’m seeing of Audra. Is she a schemer in the classic sense? Is she “innocently” urging for the JT podcast, to clear the deck so she can have Nate to herself?  If so, this could have potential…

Amelia Heinle: draining all life out of the room as Victoria Newman for almost 20 years.

• Members

Oh it was so nice to see MM in the opening credits again and sadly Amanda being a furious scorned woman is the most interesting thing we’ve seen of this character in quite some time.

Audra has been a schemer in the classic sense but her motivations are still quite murky. She had a history with Noah, was secret lovers with Tucker, dallied with Chance briefly but has been purely interested in Nate since day one. No doubt she has an ulterior motive to snag Nate for herself by doing something to take one stone to knock out the two birds of Elena and Victoria.

• Members

Loved finally seeing Jill IN PERSON. Those laptop scenes were tiresome.

MM as Amanda coming back with an edge was all I ever wanted. I have no idea why they made Amanda such a no nothing character after they knew MM as Hillary was money.

And I’ll be the minority opinion again and say that I enjoy both Devon and Abby and their actors.

• Members

Is it weird that I'm curious to know how Nikki referred to herself when she called Traci?? 

Please register in order to view this content

Like they were still in-laws because Nikki was only separated from Jack at the time, yet Traci and Nikki never really had many scenes or really knew each other, but since Nikki was Still "Nikki Abbott" at the time, I'm wondering if she had to use her full name when calling Traci...unless the scene was already in progress to make it seem less awkward  I guess Nikki could have said "It's your sister-in Law, or SOON TO BE ex-Sister in-law!"  haha