The Young and the Restless: March 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

3-24

I am liking the episodes so far. And I very much love that it seems like the episodes have ended with someone making an entrance and a nice cliffhanger. This one with Elena seeing Nate and Victoria. And the day before with Adam and Sharon...and note Sharon Case played that entrance to the hilt--the dropping of the mask, the body tilt, the smile, that dress...entering behind Nick and Sally. 

But there was a lot to like for me. But perhaps that's because it has been checking off my mental list so far. And of course, there does seem to be an undercurrent to it all. Part nostalgia. Part...dare I say it...plot? Because I thought that Giggly Heffa was truly coming undone...but it's a credit to MS's acting...that I see what she's doing with all of these 'good-byes'...and while I don't feel sorry for her...MS is playing the conflict on Phyl's face nicely. And Phyllis has always done menace face well. 

'Now, now, my darling...claws in' won best line for me. LEANNA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know people did not like the dress in pictures. But in movement...OMG BC looks breathtakingly beautiful in it. And I loved her mixing it up with so many people. Ashley especially. And then her with Victor and Jill. And let's not forget her grand entrance and hogging the spotlight from Jack and Diane...and playing her history in one line with Jack. LOVE ALL OF IT. And she goes great background character, too. I really could not take my eyes off her and rewind quite a bit.

So...JT might be coming back? I don't know what web Audra is trying to spin by putting that out there to Elena. But she might go along with it now that Elena saw Nate with Victoria. A female MacBeth with a Lady MacBeth. If they are going to use Elena...well fine. 

Ashley/Tucker has been a fun duo to watch so far. I loved seeing Kyle and Summer's reaction to him at the door. Same with Jack getting bent out of shape seeing him with Ashley. But I do feel there needs to be some movement. Tucker does feel a little too down and out. 

Ugh. The only down moment for me...has been Billy/Chelesa. God, shut up. lol.

I did tear up at the Neil memorial. I love the whole speech. I really loved that all the major players and important characters were all in the same room. It's so rare...especially on this show...that that happens. And I am sure we all noticed we GOT EXTRAS!!! I love the servers' suits.

And because I'm saving the best for last...MAMIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I was looking forward to it. And I've loving it so far. YASS to Jill vs Mamie!!!  Why should she give Jill a forgiveness when we have had a whole storyline for a year now with two characters who can't stand each other and is the MAIN plot of this event? lol. I loved every minute of their sparring. And oooh how I loved seeing her with Lily and Nate. Especially Nate. I wanted an Olivia mention so bad seeing them together. I was disappointed she has not run into Devon yet...moreso since she was in the same room as him. But if spoilers are to be believed...I can wait. But I do hope we get to see this Winters/Barber get together ON SCREEN. 

And next week...we have MORE cameos from the past? 

So far, so good for these episodes. 

It really was. 

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The last time they showed Chance was when Jeremy got out of jail and he gave Jack and Diane a warning to not take matters into their own hands. Again. Allegedly. And probably a random scene with Sharon. I remember seeing the scene and finding it odd since Chance had been talking to Sharon a few weeks ago about leaving the force...so why is he at Jack's acting like he's on the force still?

I would also hate to see Chance dropped.

But I was shocked a few weeks back that it was revealed that the divorce was already over and done. I thought Chance would at least fight for Abby. Eventually. But alas. I agree there is still so much drama to mine from his breakup with Abby. 

• Members

ALL of the current cast should be at the gala and that includes lesbian moms and Chance in a tux on his grandmother's arm.

It was great to see the cast dressed up -with the women for the most part looking elegant- on a large set with plenty of extras.

Wish Sony would keep the purse strings opened.

• Members

I figured the returns are being dragged to keep us wanting more since we know of some of them...but not ALL of them. 

Same for some of the characters that's not there yet. Like Elena for example. I was surprised she was not there at first, but it worked. 

• Members

Oops I misspelled his name. The actor playing Chance is Conner.
The character who is the son of Adam and Chelsea is Connor.
I double check every time, but I still mess it up sometimes.

Sean Dominic and Brytni dancing with Conner Floyd was something I didn't expect. 

• Members

It might also be to do with budget.

If the guest stars and recurring actors don't appear they are not paid.

With contract actors they are probably trying to keep them to their guarantees as much as possible. So if they can avoid having them onscreen that can help.

As the gala continues some characters who are supposed to be there may not be seen in an episode.

They have spent extra $$$ for this, so I guess anywhere they can make savings...

Wonder if there will be any bump in the ratings? Hopefully , otherwise they'll be able to justify the threadbare production values -'See, we spent extra and it made no difference'

• Members

In between the Chance's long absence and COVID break that marriage hardly existed. Now Abby has two divorces behind her with little consequence. There was at least another year they could have got out of Chance/Abby .It's damaging to the characters and show to have these quickie marriages.

With more sets and characters at their disposal (and a better writer) the show would be much more watchable. If Mamie, Nina etc would pop in when needed so much the better.