The Young and the Restless: March 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

The show puts in too much meta commentary that makes it cringy.

Abby is all "as both a NEWMAN, and an ABBOTT, blah blah blah. I represent the two EPIC families of GENOA CITY!"

Victor and Nikki: "This is going to be a BIG NIGHT, it's going to be great until it all FALLS APART like so dramatic. This is a MASQUERADE BALL, get it, everyone is wearing MASKS, like that Masquerade Ball from when the show was GOOD, which makes this episode GOOD."

But enough complaining, it hasn't been too bad this week. 

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I tried really hard not to ff today but some of the scenes are such weak sauce... Hamilton Winters zzzzz

Agreed that TSJ has much presence, and what an upgrade from SN! What did Tucker do to make everyone so mad? Circa 2010, didn't Tucker cheat on Ashley with Maura West's Diane? And now everyone is mad at Tucker and not Diane?

Is this latest version of Diane a morally-correct heroine, or is she still a historically-accurate complex schemer?

Mark Grossman slays as Adam, but Amelia Heinle is a scene destroyer.

I loved Courtney Hope as Sally Spectra on BnB in 2017. This pod-person version bears no resemblance.

I can't stand Joshua Morrow but I'll admit he looked pretty good in bed shirtless.

God, Abby's apology was so pathetic and totally self-serving. Amanda ripped her to shreds and I did enjoy that.

• Members

I've tuned back in to see the Gala shows. They've been a welcome bit of excitement compared to the usual snooze that Y&R has become. 

The return of Mamie is wonderful and in my opinion is the highlight. Veronica Redd exuded such natural warmth with Peter Bergman in her first scene it was like she never left. That flashback with the living room mirror is a good example why throwing away historic sets is such a mistake.

If Peter Bergman's 'happy Jack' acting could get any hammier I'd ask for bread, cheese, and a frying pan. 

Susan Walters, on the other hand, continues to be a welcome breath of fresh air. 

Chelsea is an albatross of a character. Why tie Daniel down with her? She's a character that makes no sense on this canvas.

Loved Jill's return to swoop in on the arbitration meeting. It looked like Jess Walton and Lauralee Bell had fun together - they probably hadn't shared scenes in 20 years. The Jill and Mamie scenes were great, though not the tone I would have chosen.

James Hyde's acting is incredibly rusty. Granted, he was no great shakes on 'Passions' but he's not very good. 

Eileen Davidson looks amazing. 

Amelia Heinle continues to suck the air out of every scene she's in, though I'll give her credit for being semi-alive in that flashback with Nick where they were fighting about Adam. Heather Tom, you are so missed.

• Members

Seeing the GCAC set after several years, completely intact down to the furniture makes me wonder how long old sets are kept and where they are stored.

At what point is it decided to destroy sets that are no longer in use?

Is the Newman Ranch set still in storage? Nick's house? Lauren's apartment? etc

I'm pretty sure that the original Chancellor set was destroyed because it was too old (and maybe even unsafe?) Quite possibly there are regulations about these things and the materials used back in the day are no longer considered acceptable.

I wonder when it was decided that the original Foster and Brooks homes would no longer be used?

• Members

Leanna!!

Please register in order to view this content

what Happend between her and Jack though that he can’t stand her now too? I thought they were still friends and even sleeping together in 1999/2000

Also Jill vs Mamie!!

Edited by YRfan23