The Young and the Restless: March 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

https://twitter.com/DougDavidsonYR/status/163728329515010457

^ Doug Davidson being petty about "the way he was treated".

Meanwhile Victoria Rowell remains regal, attends the party, and tags CBS and Sony in her posts.

Edited by janea4old

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Victoria had plenty of years when she was bitter about the show and her treatment. She seems to have finally moved on.

Doug is obviously still at that earlier stage ,after only a few years. Maybe in time he too will move on.

He says that he is still on good terms with CBS and Josh, so it seems Sony is the problem.

• Members

Exactly!!! But I guess it has to do with "Time To Heal" after all Victoria did have over 10 years to forgive and forget!

I was about to comment on that one!

I can see Eric has more of Victor in him than He likes to admit!!! And For Dinner A Roasted Chick!

• Members

Set the dvr for YR for the first time in a long time, to see the anniversary week.  Monday got off to a rough start...

The only highlight for me was the rare pairing of Nikki and Traci planning the gala, talking about how "current and former members of the community are invited". (wink-wink)

CONS:

- While Susan Walters has a nice presence, how they can be recycling a "love triangle" (if you can call it that) from over 2 decades ago?? And don't get me started on Michelle Stafford's mugging...

- Energy vampires Abby and Devon took up wayyyy too much of the episode. Not only that, almost a whole segment was devoted to a boring-ass recent flashback of Abby and Devon!!

- The b-roll shot of the front of the Abbott estate looked so fake, like a parody. We never used to see the front of the estate. The only time I can remember is summer '96 when Mari Jo drove up and we saw ACTUAL footage of a LIVE estate. If you can't afford real location shooting - don't fake it - just leave it to our imagination.

• Members

I always thought the Abbotts lived in town, in a large townhouse like those on UES of Manhatten, while The Chancelor Estate and The Newman Ranch were off in the suburbs.

Edited by j swift