The Young and the Restless: March 2023 Discussion Thread

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

LMAO. I had Eva Marcille as a client recently. She was dressed down, little to no makeup. I asked her if she was who I thought she was. She probably thought I meant from REAL HOUSEWIVES OF ATLANTA (where we live) or AMERICA’S NEXT TOP MODRL. 

She replied yes, and I said, “Aunt Tyra!  You slept with your NEPHEW!!!”

She laughed and laughed and said, “Tyra Hamilton!  I didn’t think anyone remembered her!”

Eva’s got her own show now, ALL THE QUEEN’S MEN, and I’m so happy for her success. 

She’s tiny in person and very, very nice for a “celebrity.”

• Members

Mamie's arrival was a nice treat today (though my Mamie was always be Marguerite Ray, RIP) Appreciated the flashback from 1999.

The establishing shot of "downtown Genoa City" looked cheap as hell and made me mad! The sign on one of the buildings "Genoa City Savings and Trust" was Photoshop 101.

• Members

Veronica seems thrilled to be back. In SOD she played tribute to Marguerite for establishing the character of Mamie which was a classy move.

It would be great to have her back as a sounding board for various characters.

The Abbott family’s formerand much-cherished housekeeper Mamie Johnson,
returns for a visit this week,which means her portrayer,Veronica Redd, is back, too.
“My first reaction was one of relief,” shares the actress of getting the invitation to be a
part of the show’s golden anniversary celebration. “It was reassuring to know that my role was impactful enough to be revisited. I am truly honored that[ExecutiveProducer/Head Writer] Josh Griffith thought it was imperative that Mamie return at this time of such momentous celebration. I felt a great sense of pride on behalf of my predecessor, Marguerite Ray. She established the character and what she created is still significant so many decades later. This is as much of a testament to her talent and skill as it may be considered to be mine. I am standing tall on her substantial shoulders.”
Redd shares that she was thrilled to reunite with her former co-stars. “Peter Bergman [Jack], Beth Maitland[Traci], Eileen Davidson [Ashley] and last, but certainly not
least, my favorite ‘archenemy’ of all time, Jess Walton[Jill], pretty much greeted me with the same generosity and enthusiasm, as did their characters, when seeing Mamie for the first time in so many years,” she enthuses. “I was also so moved when both Sharon Case [Sharon] and Joshua Morrow [Nick] individually approached me with genuine joy at seeing me again after so long. Even though I never had scenes with either of them, they had memories of me from when they first started on the show as very young actors.
The other person whose personal greeting stood out to me was Michelle Stafford [Phyllis]. Like a lot of the women on the show, that girl is a heck of an actress! I love her work!”

Edited by Paul Raven

• Members

Haha that was awesome!! 

I feel silly because I was thinking Mamie and Billy’s relationship goes back to when he was a teenager, but then  i remembered she practically raised him when he was a baby, especially when his parents were going through their divorce drama.she even was hoping her, John and Billy would become a little family once Jill was out of the picture.  

Edited by YRfan23

• Members

Anytime Griffith or his writers have questions about whether a plot contradicts something that occurred in the past — which happens a lot on a show that has been on the air since Richard Nixon was president — they consult the continuity department, who can tell them, for example, if the death of Diane Jenkins could possibly have been staged. (Turns out, it could; she returned to the show last year, a decade after her presumed death).

LOL! 

• Members

On a recent afternoon, Josh Griffith and Amanda Beall were huddled in an office at CBS Television City, brainstorming a way for two characters on “The Young and the Restless” to embark on a brief affair.

Beall, the show’s co-head writer, had an idea. “Bunker sex,” she said. “It’s tried and true.”

Griffith, the head writer and executive producer, nodded in agreement. “It has to be something where they both realize it doesn’t have a future.”

Please register in order to view this content