The Young and the Restless: March 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

I agree, not all characters have to be “comfortable.” Yes Chloe and Kevin live at Chancellor, but they are prime for these “wrong side of the track” storylines. Maybe their kid doesn’t get into the right private school leading to Chloe revisiting her schemer past? Maybe Kevin makes a bad investment, leading him to play with some unsavoury characters again. 

The majority of Americans are paycheck to paycheck. Bell was always good about including these closer to life characters amongst the glitz and glam. Now everyone seems to be a millionaire. No one is middle class. 

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Please no story for Kevin under any circumstances. It's enough to know he is still in town and seen very occasionally.

Not just millionaires.The Newmans and Devon are billionaires. It's a ridiculous choice that was made at one point in the past and difficult to undo. 

• Members

Lily even should have a comfortable life, being the daughter of an executive, but she shouldn’t be printing money.

She should be the girl at school who got a BMW when she turned 16, not a Bentley. 

Have her mention the twins expensive college tuition from time to time. Or that she used all of Neil’s inheritance money for her first house down payment, and how fortunate she is for it.  

• Members

The scene between Nina, Jill, and Christine was my favourite of today's episode...though Diane slapping the smug smile of Phyllis' face was welcome. I just hope Jack/Kyle/Summer aren't so stupid as to blame Diane for anything.

Kate Linder getting to film with Eric Braeden had to be a trip for her. I doubt they'd shared a scene for 25 years aside from Katherine's funeral(s).

Leanna Love has definitely been a highlight. Barbara Crampton just inhabits the role. 

Sorry to see Jill exit the canvas again, but she was very well utilized in these gala episodes (there were a few nice nods to Jill's originating role) - where is she supposed to be living?

• Members

Ok..

Another illogical poorly written story. Wasn't Colin happily married to Jill, a very wealthy woman?

Why would he steal Devon's money and more importantly how?

I guess on a show where you can take over a company because you want to in a matter of weeks, getting access to a billioinares fortune isn't such a stretch.

• Members

Seems like the idea was that Tucker had somehow improperly gotten the will altered to ensure Devon inherited the *billions*.  But really Colin was playing a trick to get the will switched so Cane would inherit the *billions*.  Devon thought Tucker had engaged in some trickery and signed over the *billions*, and then Colin left with the money, laundered it (?) and then redeposited it in Devon's account -- or something like that.  It was too stupid for words.