GENERAL HOSPITAL February 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

No-one's mentioned that tacked-on cut-out of Anna over the "Hospital", lol

S&B had a popularity that eclipsed other couples across the genre at that time. I don't believe any coupling since has come anywhere as close. 

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Portia's secret feels like one of those classic, but logically flawed, soap opera constructions.  Realistically, Trina and Curtis might be interested, but hardly angry to find out that they are biologically related over 20 years after her birth.  It is only a heightened issue because Portia kept it a secret. 

However, logically there was no reason not to tell them.  Portia was unavailable for large portions of Trina's childhood, so it is not like there were prior opportunities to discuss the issue.  The fact that Curtis was the father was only recently confirmed.  Taggert loved and cared for her, and he wouldn't have loved her less if her found out that by chance they weren't biologically related.  And, Trina has had plenty of other concerns recently.  So, the idea both that she needed to hide the information, and that everyone will blame her for keeping something private, is very convoluted. 

Also, I keep forgetting that Donna exists, but the scene where Sonny took her to the hospital to see the baby is an odd reminder that everyone involved in that story was too old to have a kid. 

Edited by j swift

• Members

Obviously, I was not arguing with SnB on the cover.  I would put them on every cover anytime even non-GH ones lol.  The S/B/J triangle was my first real taste of the soap internet fandom and it was very passionate and intense.  I am surprised it still holds up because the show certainly never references Sonny/Brenda.  I do personally feel they were the last GH supercouple, but everyone's mileage varies on that and I think there are a few GH couples that have strong arguments.