GENERAL HOSPITAL February 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

Awww...they been holding strong this week so I'm sorry to hear that.

Omg! Sprina is Sprina. And Vanna...lol...I still cannot believe how well that turned out given the year before I was a strong person against that pairing. But they redeemed Val so well that it made sense a year later. 

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Taylor Swift? I get that. She's a huge star worth billions. Brook Lynn is not. As a Quartermaine, she should be able to take down that scumbucket in about 10 minutes.

I never said these issues don't happen in real life. My point is that as played on GH, it's a joke. There's nothing realistic about any of it, including the guy grabbing her leg in a public place (apparently the only public place where Brook Lynn's catalog gets played).

• Members

A couple of thoughts on today's episode:

1. The whole BLQ scene seemed like a rerun of Friday's episode.  I know soaps like to repeat scenes so that viewers can keep up with the story, but I actually had to check the date to see if I wasn't watching the prior show.

2.  Liz exiting the scene with Finn to go to the wedding rehearsal was amusing.  First because it was like she was saying 'I am going to turn myself into the police, but first I must go to this rehearsal for a wedding that I'm not going to be able to attend if I'm arrested.'  And second, why are they still having the rehearsal an hour after Britt's memorial service?  Talk about day-to-night, how does one figure out what to wear for a day when they're going from work to a funeral to a wedding rehearsal?

3.  Laura still blames herself for not being around to raise to Nikolas?   He's been in Port Charles since 1996, 27 years, more than half his life.  She's had plenty of time to be a good influence since then...

Edited by j swift

• Members

I get that @j swift regarding Laura. I think she is just thinking if I never left the island. Its a in the moment thing. if she had done that then there would be lucky & Lu Lu and I doubt she would give them up .

Its just the sadness of it all for her

Thats why I hope Nik isnt dead. Maybe just injured.

• Members

Concussion for sure. Unbelievable headache. Gosh I hope he's not dead. Just watched it & My heart is still beating fast & loud! I literally gasped! Of course, he pushed her that far with the threat to Avery. 

Genie Francis rocked again today. Adam H is still doing fine. 

I am only disgusted with them putting Liz back into Finn's arms. Bah! 

• Members

It's a debate for the ages. For what it's worth the creator of the gif said it's pronounced "Jif".

Source

Monday's episode was good stuff (if you ignore everything involving Chase/Brook Lynn and Austin and his cousin). Genie is too damn good, her first scene with Spencer she was tempering barely concealed rage. The Laura deep inside her wanted to smack him so hard because she feels in her soul that she just said goodbye to her son. Honestly she elevates every scene she's in, and I will watch Laura do anything (now that Luke's gone this can be true all of the time for me).

Adam Huss and Maura West were dynamite as well, especially with him stepping into the climax of this story. I actually don't think MC could have played those scenes as well, he just doesn't have a range. I assume he was upset that Nik is (apparently? allegedly?) being killed off. Get over yourself. I don't want Nik to die but PLEASE.

Nik throwing Kiki's death in Ava's face and threatening to take Avery immediately got real dark real fast. And I completely understand why he went there, Ava has helped irreparably damaged his relationship with his adult son AND helped him (Spencer) to get custody of his unborn child. I'd be a little unhinged too.

• Members

2-3

WOW. Those Laura, Nikolas, and Spencer scenes. 

Unlike Y&R lackluster last week going into Sweeps, I did not feel that way with GH. Even at random storylines coming back into play like Ms. Wu and Gladys and this week Brooklyn, Chase, and Blaze story with Linc.

But those scenes. GF is always going to be on point. NC was great as Spencer laid the boom on Nikolas. And him (and last week I'll admit this prize went to RH) was looking good in that white buttoned down. AH is still doing great, continuing to embody MC's mannerism. I suspect that he will start doing his own spin once he unleashes that menace that he had on his last sub...which looking at that Friday cliffhanger I feel is coming. But watching him completely allowing Nik to break down was fascinating to watch. And I do like that he immediately had chemistry with Laura...something I didn't see with Liz this time around. But GF has it with everyone.

Please register in order to view this content

I really loved the scenes between Liz and Tasha Yar. I have made it no secret that I love Liz and those scenes were ABOUT HER. Okay, it was about her finding out what Nik did. But, given the history, seeing Liz and her mother come to some understanding or hint of a growing relationship warms my heart. 

Okay, I give them some credit. I did like the Joss/Dex scenes where she was talking about her feelings. Less propping and throwing people under the bus. It was just her saying how she felt. Mostly ignored it, but I noticed.