GENERAL HOSPITAL February 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

I love Laura, but I don't care about her relationship at all at this point, so she can just stay with Kevin. Laura having an affair sounds forced to me. Besides, there's no reason Laura can't have story while she's in a solid marriage.

Re: Britt, add me to the list of those who are fed up with the long mourning cycle. Geez, just enough already.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

I ain't mad at you re: Laura. And that is one of the best examples of what happens when producers get too big for their breeches and think they can play in the face of a soap legend. That GF played hardball and the fans were totally on her side was AWESOME.

Now mind you, I wasn't regularly viewing when Laura and Kevin got together. But I do love that Laura is happy. I would like to see them in more stories together, but I do like they can both work in stories independent of each other AND together. 

As for an action oriented black man...CURTIS. At least, he USED to be. And they do have great chemistry. It's just a shame that Curtis has been so watered down over the last few years. I definitely would mind Laura doing a story with a younger man, but it has been documented how much I love seeing Laura and definitely miss her when GF goes on vaca. 

• Members

Once again, Joss makes me sick. If she really does feel guilty about everything she did, which I sincerely doubt, I hope it eats her up inside for a long time. 

Have to say Adam Huss did really well today too. He really showed a range of emotions, especially heartache over what Spencer's trying to do, in those scenes with Laura.

• Members

Laura, Nikolas and Spencer's scenes on Friday's episode were so soapy and dramatic.  We need much more of that and less of everything else! 

I really like Laura in this phase of her life, away from the shadow of Luke and everything he represented.  I actually like that Lulu & Lucky aren't on the canvas partly because of that.  She's still got all the family she needs in Port Charles now.

• Members

Just finished watching on Hulu. Man, the grief stricken look on Laura's face, when they took that beat before going to commercial, sometimes Genie just knocks me over! Everything with her & Spencer & her & Nik .... great good soapy family drama! 

I'm very interested in RH & MW & I find confidence in Ava Jerome but I don't know if Austin is written well enough to come up to where the bar is set. 

I can't believe Liz unburdened herself to Finn or that she wants to turn herself in. Yikes. 

I think Adam H. is "good enough" so that they've bought themselves time. 

• Members

I just watched those scenes now, and I was completely riveted. A lot of us complain about the erratic writing on GH, but when it’s good, it’s GOOD.

I loved seeing Nik’s face turn to abject horror as Spencer was basically reciting his confession back to him, with Laura just standing there not knowing WTF was going on. It’s a shame that Nik doesn’t seem much longer for this canvas, because I can fully buy Adam Huss’s portrayal hook line and sinker, and they could go so many places with this. That final scene of him showing up at Windermere was just chilling.

And even with not that much to play, GF was an absolute star as always, particularly trying to console her son, and confused as to what had just gone down with Spencer. And speaking of Spencer, NAC just hit it out of the ball park yet again. He and Huss play off each other really well, and is another reason why I hope Nik stays on, somehow.

• Members

I agree with everything you said, you & others, and echo that I hope they don't do anything final solution like with Nik. I hope they've just bought themselves enough time with Adam Huss to write nik back into the fold. I can't get over that one moment when they held on Genie's face for a  full beat before they went to commercial. Just her left, no dialog, this look of abject horror! Grief stricken! WTG, Genie, when she brings it, it stays brought!.

Otherwise, I just could not believe that Liz was telling Finn everything!

• Members

It's a rarity when pretty much the entire Soap Universe is in agreement over something, all I've seen is positive reviews about Adam Huss. 

I wasn't impressed with him the first time he subbed a few years ago, but he's grown on me. And yesterday proved why. Hopefully, he sticks around as Nikolas. The way GH constantly changes their stories, it wouldn't be a surprise if they had originally intended to write Nikolas out, but have now decided to keep him around.