GENERAL HOSPITAL February 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

Sounds like some layers and nuances that I'll be looking forward to seeing in the next few days.

AM has definitely done a great job as a recast for Heather. And while I admit to feeling a way about that, I love the layers she has been giving. The fact that I know RM can do that as well so it doesn't feel like one vs the other is a bonus. 

• Toups unpinned this topic
  • Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

2-27

See? THAT was what I was expecting last Thursday and got Willow all up in my face.

Please register in order to view this content

After all of that crazy action, adventure, and acting, a breather episode before the next twist.

I am feeling the broken souls vibe that both Spencer and Trina are putting out and playing really well. The melancholic family tragedy of it all. That they are parallel to each other resonates and shows how they are made for each other. Perhaps it's my love of Wuthering Heights showing, but  

I liked the Jordan/Curtis scenes, but I couldn't help but wonder what happened to the dynamic energy that the actor that played Curtis used to give off. He was kinda low vibe in some parts of it. Jordan had more energy. 

I have mixed feelings about Liz. On one hand, I was very worried given how the writers fumbled the Liz and her parents arc and seem to be leaning her back into Finn's direction, that Liz would vanish back into the woodwork. So happy that Liz is very much involved in things OUTSIDE of Finn. Mixing it up with Ava. Her part in Nik's holding Esme. Things having to do with HER. On the other hand, did she really have to confess? lol. But that said...her and Finn. Ugh. She was so free. And I like her having something meaty to sink her teeth into. 

And AM continues to be a revelation as NuHeather. I can still hear her screams. In this case, her pain...her longing to connect to her daughter. And then to see vengeance in her eyes when they fell on Laura. I knew it was coming when Esme stumbled into Laura's arms on Spoon Island so those scenes were superb. I always like when GF allows Laura to show some edge. Some fire. And AM...who has been playing layers since she took over for Heather...for the first time showed a Heather with a threatening menace to her. And the fact that both characters are legacy brings a whole other level to it since I really can't recall them mixing it up much. So I'm more here for Heather vs Laura than Laura vs Victor...which honestly is petering out again.