GENERAL HOSPITAL February 2023 Discussion Thread

• Members

Spencer, I love ya kid, but save the nastiness for Joss. She deserves it a lot more than Dex does. And you definitely didn’t need to say sorry to that slut either. 

I hope Obrecht targets her when she finds out about the role she played in Britt’s death.

And now that I’ve paid closer attention, I can see what @Darn meant about Uncle Zeke. He’s handsome af

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Cannot believe it's taken me this long to realize Liz and the boys live in THEE Brownstone, dating back to the '80s and '90s.

I remember Ron and Frank tried to bring it back in the mid-2010s by having Michael turn it into new housing where Morgan and Kiki briefly lived, but the set was unrecognizable and looked like a Lego playset. Then it vanished for years, I guess until Liz and Franco moved in. it still doesn't look much like the original to me (I think the kitchenette and stairs are sort of where they should be from semi-recent iterations) but I'm glad it's back.

I remember when Gregory Harrison was supposed to be a sex god 30-35 years ago. I remember hearing about how he dominated Falcon Crest near the end too. He's an attractive man for his age but it must be said he also, in profile, looks like George Washington.

They need to bring on a woman or a scandalously young dude for Alexis though, bc these two are like watching paint dry together.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I didn't care for Spencer getting into it with Dex today. It's a waste of his time IMO. I would rather have seen him getting to know his future in laws more, lol. I did like him interacting with Grandaddy Sterling/Uncle Zeke, but it was pretty brief. I would have liked to have seen more of all of them together, and even some of Taggert/Spencer instead of Spencer fighting with Dex. Outside of Cam (Speaking of Cam where is he? I need to do some more catching up), he's the only one that that is upset about Dex.

I think that the show is using Spencer and his animosity towards Dex to try and build up his and Joss's storyline, but it's falling flat for me. (They may also be trying to make them rivals to some degree, since Cam and Spencer are on good terms and Dex is Joss's main guy.)  I do like Joss and Dex together, but I don't see them their story as them "against the world" type of thing or star-crossed lovers being faced with a ton of obstacles that are keeping them apart. I think their romance feels a bit basic. There were other ways that Spencer could have been used today than to have conflict with them.

I'll be glad when things pick up more at the wedding and the truth comes out. Spencer can be more involved with Trina and her family then, as he supports her/helps her deal with the fallout from the reveal. I think that some more stuff will happen with the Hook storyline that they will deal with as well. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

People magazine only has been around since about 1974, and most if not all the staff from nearly 50 years ago is retired. GH before the late seventies has been barely seen by anyone since original air date, there are some episodes in archives, but UCLA doesn’t allow easy access and Paley does not have many. So any magazine honoring GH is going to lack in the early material as we don’t have primary sources or even fans viewing diaries from the first 15 years of the show. I wish they did exist, but they don’t. 
 I just see this magazine as a way for People to sell something  and for GH if people releases the circulation of copies bought, how many are still interested in the show, remind people it exists etc. I didn’t have high expectations from the issue when it comes to anything prior to the late 70s as most things before then are less known, and sadly the audience who was old enough to watch GH in the 60s and 70s are discounted when it comes to media consumption, but that another story.

• Members

Well-deserved. He went toe to toe with Maura, which is not easy to do.

Actually the other day I said I didn't want him as Nik permanently but fück it. He's great. And he's not as pretty as Tyler (who is??) but he's a good actor in a role that with all of these plot machinations needs a good actor to sell it.

RoboCop (Jordan) decided to use her face today. I counted at least 3 facial expressions! We're rooting for you, mama!

I was hoping that Portia would confess to what she thought was an empty hallway but actually Trina on the other side of that door. Come on! Let's get this show on the road!

Outside of Sam and Dante I enjoyed today, I don't mind a day of cast interactions and I'm just relishing in that many series regulars all in the same room together. GH is the only soap that does does it remotely well anymore.

• Members

It is tomfoolery of the highest order to pretend Luke and Laura and their saga was not the central draw for GH in that era. Yes, Scott, Laura, the David Hamilton mystery and the Alan/Monica/Rick/Lesley quad started the job. L&L finished it. I have plenty of strong opinions about Tony Geary's attitude or the rape of Laura. Doesn't mean I am going to pretend Luke was an afterthought lol.

People acting like she is some capable actress desperately in need of more story are embarrassing themselves. Just hire better people of color!

• Members

Right?  It’s wild to me that anyone is surprised that they receive so many pages in the magazine.

In that fantastic old We Love Soaps interview Denise Alexander pretty much says it all- Lesley/Rick/Monica got the show to number one, and then Luke and Laura took it to the stratosphere.  Yes they get a lot of attention for what was essentially a very strong show all around.  But they hold a unique place among daytime television.

• Members

I know you weren't directing that at me personally.

But ... it's my opinion that that Luke and Laura should not have a 6-page spread. It might be absurd, but it's still my opinion.  I don't have to accept it and move on.  I can complain if I want to.   I started watching GH in 1969.

Yes I know this is all about show business popularity and how things work. I'm not surprised that they did this. But I don't have to like it.

I won't discuss my personal details but there was someone in my life impacted by rape. And I don't have to shut up about this issue. 

Edited by janea4old

• Members

I realize nobody here is telling me to shut up.  I wasn't addressing my comments to anyone  in particular. My use of the quote feature might have made it seem that way, but it wasn't my intent.   I was addressing my comments to society as a whole, in that society expects people to shut up about it. I was just venting in frustration.

Edited by janea4old