DAYS OF OUR LIVES Moves to Peacock From NBC on September 12

• Members

The original link isn't dead. But the posted link was a copy/paste of a truncated link, so thus the middle part of the URL is missing, which is why it didn't work.

Here's the full link that had been intended to be posted:
https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9mZWVkcy5zaW1wbGVjYXN0LmNvbS9ndnRldzJmNA/episode/ODkzZjNkNTktZDcxMS00NmYzLWIwZmItZDBiZWEzYTQwYWNj

That's just the google podcast version of SoapDigest "dishing with digest" podcast
https://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/dayss-robert-scott-wilson-guests-on-digests-podcast/

I skipped through all of his talking about Ben and Alex. 
He talks about the change to Peacock on the SOD page from 44:10 to 46:30.
Then he goes back to talking about Ben so I turned it off.

EDIT to add:
This link goes directly to his episode and is easy to find time markers:
https://www.stitcher.com/show/dishing-with-digest-soap-opera-digest-news-and-exclusive-interviews/episode/robert-scott-wilson-on-becoming-dayss-alex-205726891

Edited by janea4old

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I remember being confused the first time I tried to watch live post-switch and Days wasn't on at it's usual time. I actually thought it got cancelled and I didn't know about it

Please register in order to view this content

However, the change from 1pm to 12pm doesn't seem like a huge shift to make for viewers. Especially, since it only directly competes with half hour of YR at its new time. 

Now GL definitely had to be impacted by moving from a mid-afternoon slot to the morning. 

• Members

I remember what Ken Corday said about Guiding Light shortly after its cancellation was announced-

"Not to name names, but in desperate times, desperate measures are sometimes the worst things to resort to and it's clear now in hindsight and it was clear to the viewers as it was going on what [GL became] was not soap opera," Corday remarked. "It smacked of ESPN or the evening news and done without any homage to the creator of the show."

I do wonder if this move to Peacock is the desperate measures stage for Days.  I can think of a few things that Days storylines have smacked of over the last year and none of them are good.  I do agree it might be difficult to convince some to pay to watch Ron's current nonsense.

• Members

I wouldn't even call them storylines, really ... they need a clear focus and specific storylines like they once used to do. It's why Beyond Salem works, even if Chapter 2 wasn't everyone's cup of tea on here. Granted, that's just five episodes but it shows DAYS *is* capable of something better.

• Members

Honestly, it wasn't any shade or disrespect towards you @victoria foxton, you're free to post what you want. I was just mentioning how cringey I find that person's Tweet and how he seems to act as if he's somehow the barometer of taste for soaps and pop culture, and how he seems to have a flock of sheep around him that will follow his every thought (not on here, based on what I've seen Re-Tweeted on Twitter).