DAYS OF OUR LIVES Moves to Peacock From NBC on September 12

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Oh, I don't know if I'd characterize it as "desperate." Hulu offered a 99 cents a month deal last December (following a $1.99 a month deal the Xmas season before). They have a heck of a lot more subscribers than Peacock.

I think this and the Halloween Ends news are positive for DAYS.

• Members

Someone correct me but I haven't seen ANY mention of DAYS OF OUR LIVES in Peacock's bid to lower their price and get eyeballs to their network. Days is as good as dead. There isn't any cross promotion and no mention of Days coming over from NBC. The vast majority of Days viewers will just think that the show was cancelled and not know that it is on Peacock, who is not promoting the show. This has been handled so badly from the start. Bye, Days.

• Webmaster

It's desperation. HBO Max is doing something similar through the end of October as well. Both need subscribers. Both are hemorrhaging money for their corporate owners, although Peacock is in a worse position than HBO Max is. At least HBO Max is getting rebranded by next summer and will be merging with Discovery+, double pumping the content available and long-term expectations from Warner Bros. Discovery. 

Peacock needs to build a successful service ASAP because once their Disney deal is up in 2024 they'll be without the extra income from Hulu which is far more successful than Peacock. The removal of NBCUniversal-owned content off of Hulu to Peacock is being done to drive up subscriptions which makes sense but people aren't subscribing fast enough.

• Members

Well that's sad to hear since I saw the trailer to DON'T WORRY DARLING last night and immediately was looking forward to it. 

BLACK ADAM...not so much...DC's whole movie schedule suuure has turned into a real clustrerfrell hasn't it?