DAYS OF OUR LIVES Moves to Peacock From NBC on September 12

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

We're so OT here, but yes - Aquaman 2 now allegedly coming out over a full year later and it's not finished (and I doubt they have the money to finish its VFX). Half their slate of movies now having no release date as of today. I've never seen anything like this in the modern era. The reason they're cutting so much content from HBO Max is because it's a desperate fire sale.

Edited by Vee

• Webmaster

To be clear, they didn't "hire" him. He met with a friend from AT&T one weekend while they were golfing and the two propose a merger of assets. Zaslov's Discovery brand merging with AT&T's WarnerMedia. So, in actuality, the guy making the decisions people are not liking right now is the one who proposed the acquisition of WarnerMedia to begin with. He definitely wasn't "hired."

Also, the combined company is $3 billion in debt and they are currently doing everything they can to write down that debt while they can get away with it from a tax perspective, hence all the content being shoved to the side.

I don't find that dumb actually. It's giving advance notice that in order to watch the episodes going forward they'll have to subscribe to the premium tier. Anyone afraid of losing access would therefore then upgrade their accounts. It would make more sense to do more splashy ads and banners, but hey you get what you get.

Speaking of advertising, a big marketing blitz is kicking off next week with boatloads of press coverage. Will have more on that soon.

• Members

Yeah, he is a terrible hatchet man trying to stem the tide in the worst ways, but this problem is all of both companies' own making. Last week House Party was not going to be released at all; now it is, because they're desperate for a few more bucks. I'm willing to bet they do not have the funds to complete Aquaman at this stage.

• Members

This is bad news for theaters, too, because blockbuster movies like Aquaman are the only ones pulling people in. 

Weird. I watch Peacock on my computer and Days has completely vanished from my home screen, I had to search for it for the first time since I first signed on. And I don't see any reminders. 

• Members

I don’t get why HBOMAX didn’t just pull things at end of month like they do with certain movies that cycle. That way we could have at least week or more to watch instead of this madness in the night with creatives only finding out with the rest of us.

Getting back to Days, why would you only start promoting in the dead week before Labor Day? This rollout has been painful and illogical so far.

• Members

So we haven’t really talked about what to do with the remaining eppys… I have dueling impulses—go full ham and make Bonnie Adrienne, lock down JKJ for one final epic Shelle/Phelle showdown, and invite Ali Sweeney, Peter Reckell, Kris Alfonso, Missy Reeves, Christie Clark, Austin Peck, Kate Mansi, etc. to give the show a beautiful send off, or go for broke and center the show around the younger cast that can give “Days” its best chance on streaming???

• Members

I posted this on another thread, but I just got served the feather (and we're still in August). No! Not the feather! Anything but the feather!

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Noel

• Members

If I could draw worth a flip, I would render a cartoon with a happy fellow hoisting a sign that said: No More Pre-emptions! with some "Hoorahs!" floating around. I really feel this PLUS! Just think of it, no more pre-emptions, literally. Bonanza! And, that's crazy because I've been streaming on Peacock for some time now so I haven't had any ... but I am affected by it when the broadcast has one because then I don't have an episode to stream. Now even that will be vamoosed, gone, finito.