DAYS OF OUR LIVES Moves to Peacock From NBC on September 12

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Not sure what a person on soap twitter has to do with this board. He ain't here and we don't care. This board never has had a problem roasting Jamey Giddens back when he was just one of the little people on the bird app, or a number of others (Branco, anyone?), so I'm not sure why anyone else is off limits.

Edited by Vee

• Members

That's an incredibly shitty and dangerous thing to do to anyone and completely inappropriate given the recent horrible incidents. There's a difference between roasting some pompous person from afar and endangering their life.

Edited by Vee

• Members

You know what's weird about this is? That Ron's storyline's doesn't even last that long ultimately - it's not a case where it seems like they keep them going because they're such a big hit with the audience that they're forced to extend them, they all seem to come from a "why don't we do this" perspective, there's no real plan to them and then he gets bored with them and then he lets them splutter out in the background.

• Members

Yeah, agreed.

The direction is sorely lacking.

Most of the cast is underused.

Some small bright spots but any clear focus is missing. 

You have Nicole hobbling around spying on Jada/Eric. Alex leering at women (and I guess we get Stephanie wasted on him) and Maggie barely able to stand him. Paulina is wasted. Johnny/Ava/EJ could be a bright spot but after yesterday, EJ seems so oblivious ... 

None of this will draw eyes to the show on Peacock. I know BS does well but the actual show?

I did miss a bit; WTF happened to Philip? Alex must have been the quick replacement.

Stephanie/Philip/Gabi/Li/Stefan writes itself

• Members

I won't believe anything until we see the changes. Since switching to 4K lights in 2015, the show has looked like utter crap, despite the fact they use cameras for DOOL App/YouTube exclusives, which look ten times better than what they use to film an actual soap! So sad.

• Members

Based on what I've read of Ken Corday's latest Peacock related interview, it sounds like he couldn't give a rat's behind about a certain segment of the Days audience. 

Anyone that is concerned, labelling this a soft cancellation by NBC, etc. is considered a "bottom feeder" in Ken's eyes lol.  He also seems to be fine with it not being "my mother's" Days of Our Lives anymore.