DAYS OF OUR LIVES Moves to Peacock From NBC on September 12

• Members

Isn't Peacock billions of dollars in the red? They are not making money and subscriptions are not what they expected. Experts are predicting that Peacock's Days (pun intended) are numbered. The few subscriptions that Days may bring to Peacock will not erase Peacock's debt. It's a losing situation all around for Days. I agree with the post above - Peacock should have at least given a free month or two to give time to adjust from NBC to Peacock. Pulling Days off NBC so suddenly and expecting the audience to follow them to a pay service is bad public relations. This was not handled well at all.

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Days has been excruciatingly bad for so long that I simply don't care anymore.  The recast of EJ is a flop, imo.  He was such a strong and interesting character.  This one is dull as dirt.  He doesn't even drive any stories.  Along with the fantastical, unbelievable plots are the same old rehashed ones from years before.  For me there is just nothing to tune in to watch anymore.  I have many of the older episodes on dvd, which I or friends recorded and most of them are far superior to any single show RC has thrown together.  Even the silly, far out episodes are funny and entertaining-the older ones, I mean.

It is just tragic that the oldest, still standing soap has been reduced to such a state. 

• Members

I am not blaming DF for the state of EJ.  I'm saying EJ was recast and is nothing like the original character.  The writing for him is abysmal and I cannot see the purpose for the recast. He was the young Stefano but one could not tell that from the writing EJ has received since his return,

Sorry for mistating bout Days being the oldest soap.  Since I have watched it for so long I probably thought that. LOL

• Members

It will be interesting to see how NBC "cares" about the show. Will they promote it and let the Days people be on their 5 hours of Today? If NBC cares, they will put Days actors on their first episode of whatever the show replacing Days is called and say hey, we know you expected to see Days Of Our Lives but we have moved to Peacock. (aka Cancelled) 

• Members

We're all human. Lord knows how many times I've messed up on things. For example, on Good Morning America, they had a General Hospital segment and they mentioned the show being the oldest. In my head, I'm thinking Guiding Light. But, what they meant was oldest soap that's still in broadcast. Blah, blah, whatever. It happens to all of us. 

Please register in order to view this content

As far as Peacock, I do not know how this is going to pan out. When I first got Peacock on my Fire Cube, I had to "jailbreak" it. At that time (and if I'm not mistaken), Peacock was only available on Roku. I don't know how many months or years later when the streaming app became more universal. From a marketing perspective, that's not good. BUT, if what I'm reading that their Beyond Salem chapters were successful, then all power to them. I'm indifferent towards this move, but I do feel bad for viewers who feel like they've been slapped in the face. If this a way for Peacock to gain subscribers for their Q4 period, then it's a really crappy way to treat its audience who have watched it free for numerous years. Sure, it's five bucks a month, but I would never be in a position to assume one's financial pocket as I've seen the hardships whether if I've tutored, mentored, or volunteered for various non-profit organizations. 

• Members

I can’t stream Peacock on my Roku. I have a model that isn’t compatible, so if I want to stream to my tv, I will have to buy an upgraded model. These are the kinds of issues that others will probably be facing.